Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coronavirus has us all jammed up and i can't take it any more. I just have to finally write that it makes no sense to call your quad/ATV a "bike". The word bike is has the root "bi" which means two. bicycle, biannual, bicentennial, on and on it all means two of something. Using the logic of calling a quad a bike, one might also call it a trike or an eighteen wheeler with the same disregard for the root meaning of the words.

The good news is that there is only one case of the dreaded virus in our county of 45,000 people and yet I cannot go the gym and work out!

Rant-off.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There is so much I could add here, but to keep the authorities from searching me out, I will keep the details to myself! I did have enough beer on hand, so I am good.

·
Registered
699 Posts
You raise a very valid point, and ofcourse you are right...

But I'm still going to call my Grizzly, "my bike"!

and now by extension my Honda Ridgeline is my tractor trailer !!! Lol

·
Registered
530 Posts
Bike x2= Quad?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree. I've caught myself using "Bike' a few times and it always bugs me when I do it. Quad is a word I avoid using for some reason. When I'm up at my dad's ranch he has several atv's so we refer to each one by the name it was given. My Kodiak is named Shillelagh.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Mine has been called a lot of names in including bike, quad, machine, Kodiak, and a few other choice ones.

Call it what you want and don't worry about the rest of us.

On going to the gym, there are a lot of people out there right now that are reconsidering their gym memberships. They are finding out that with a little bit of effort they can do the same exercise at home for a whole lot cheaper. The one downfall to exercising at home is that you don't have good looking women to look at as you are trying to impress them.

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
There's no such thing as a trike, only motorcycles with training wheels.

I know calling an ATV/quad a bike is not technically correct but I'll continue to do it.

What is a SxS anyway? Should a 2-up be referred to as a FxR and then a 4 seater SxS at SFxSR or SxFxSxR? All made up stuff anyway, just like bike.

And I haven't even begun drinking :p

·
Registered
295 Posts
The one downfall to exercising at home is that you don't have good looking women to look at as you are trying to impress them.
Mmm. Beautiful ladies in yogurt pants.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Mmm. Beautiful ladies in yogurt pants.
But there is always that one or two that should be banned from wearing them

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
But there is always that one or two that should be banned from wearing them
Nah, yoga pants should just not be made larger than medium.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine has been called a lot of names in including bike, quad, machine, Kodiak, and a few other choice ones.

Call it what you want and don't worry about the rest of us.

On going to the gym, there are a lot of people out there right now that are reconsidering their gym memberships. They are finding out that with a little bit of effort they can do the same exercise at home for a whole lot cheaper. The one downfall to exercising at home is that you don't have good looking women to look at as you are trying to impress them.
This what happens when you don’t go...

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Was that a selfie?????

·
Registered
530 Posts
😂🤣🤪 no thank god.

Reactions: JimP

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
I've had several bikes over the years, all makes... Ccm, bmx, supercycle, honda, Suzuki, now a yamaha. Some with 2 wheels, some with 3, and some with 4.
The word bicycle is two wheels, unicycle is one wheel, tricycle is three wheels, but they are all bikes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
I really don't like the term bike, but I will point out that you do straddle it when you sit on it and you do steer it with handle bars, same as a bike!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to see everyone here is still active amidst coronaggeddon.

I appreciate all your responses and humor.

My treadmill is paying for itself.....never thought that would happen.

Fitness classes - I miss the spandex clad women maybe even more than the health benefit of the workout!

I've got to get out on my QUAD soon now that the snow melted over the weekend :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts