Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm haveing an issue with most pics displaying, it's only in Tapatalk app, and only in kodiak owners forum. All display perfect using Tapatalk on grizzly central and my dodge ram forum.
I have noticed, I seem to be able to see pics posted by the other admins.

Just for an example, here is one thread where I can see jims pics, but not the others.

[/URL]

Here are a couple screen shots from that thread to show what I see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
I think that the problem is on TapTalks end. I have the same problem on a bunch of other forums.

I believe that a lot depends on where the poster is posting the pictures from. That one of mine is a link to Imgr where I have that photo uploaded to.

I have also noticed that if I get off of my phone and onto a computer then I have no problems viewing photos no matter where they were posted from.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not but I am using the free version of TapTalk and am not a Pro member.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no issues with the other forums, it's only on KO. No matter where the pics are uploaded. But, the same as you, on a computer, or if I choose webview on my phone, all images will load. So it's an issue only on Tapatalk and only with KO.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just tried it with Tapatalk free also, same results.

But I went into the thread "what did you do to your kodiak today" and one thing I noticed, Jim you may be in to something here, if a user just uploaded the pic from thier device, it's a broken IMG for me, but if it's being hosted on a file hosting server, those pics load for me.

So if we upload directly from our device, are they stored on the KO server? If so, that's the issue for me, I can't access those images.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just saved the website Kodiak owners to my cell phone homepage, and it added just like an app. And I can see all pictures without a problem. I am still able to use the microphone function. Ive not used tap talk, but I dont know why it is needed?
20200710_132240.jpg

·
Registered
260 Posts
Once ive found the website on my phones browser, the upper right hand menu allows add to home screen
Screenshot_20200713-144326.png

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
I thought that the images may be uploaded on TapTalk but they are uploaded on the server here at Kodiak Owners, so there is a problem between this site and TapTalk where the images are broken.

As I said I am on a number of other forums and on every every one of them I get the same broken photo screen when I am on my phone but they work just fine from a computer.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have no issues with the other forums, it's only on KO. No matter where the pics are uploaded. But, the same as you, on a computer, or if I choose webview on my phone, all images will load. So it's an issue only on Tapatalk and only with KO.
So why do you use "tapatalk"? Sorry if dumb question but I'm not familiar with it....I have always just used my phone browser the same as I use my computer browser.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just saved the website Kodiak owners to my cell phone homepage, and it added just like an app. And I can see all pictures without a problem. I am still able to use the microphone function. Ive not used tap talk, but I dont know why it is needed? View attachment 9792
Yes, as I said, in web view on phone it works, or on my computer. The issue is only with this forum on Tapatalk app. Tapatalk isn't needed, it's just a very convenient app that simplifies viewing multiple web forums that a person frequently visits, with all the main features easily accessible. It's much easier to browse through the forum threads on Tapatalk than it is in the browser. Clean and simplified.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So why do you use "tapatalk"? Sorry if dumb question but I'm not familiar with it....I have always just used my phone browser the same as I use my computer browser.
As I just said, it's not needed per say, it's just asimplier, cleaner way to view content, and when visiting multipal forums, it's much easier to use the app.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Here is a photo uploaded from my phone

Let me know if you can see it on your phone

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought that the images may be uploaded on TapTalk but they are uploaded on the server here at Kodiak Owners, so there is a problem between this site and TapTalk where the images are broken.

As I said I am on a number of other forums and on every every one of them I get the same broken photo screen when I am on my phone but they work just fine from a computer.
Exactly. The issue is the connection between Tapatalk and KO forum, which I find strange, because all the image links on GC forum work flawless. I view a number of forums also, and the only one I have this issue on is KO.
Another thing to note, I don't believe I had any issue before the switch to the new site, not 100% sure on that, but I don't really remember seeing multiple broken IMG links.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a photo uploaded from my phone

Let me know if you can see it on your phone

Yes I can see it, but as I mentioned before, I'm able to see all images uploaded by other admins.
That's what has me so baffled. Lol

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, btw Jim, that's a nice "rack" you have on the front of the bike, I can clearly see it's not OEM. Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Yes that is a option that is hard to come by.

I tried to find a broken photo on another site but like everything if you want to find one you can't.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Here are some others that I see are broken on my phone but not on my computer

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well. Im responding to the wrong thread then

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Well. Im responding to the wrong thread then
No you're good. It's just that TT is a lot friendlier for use on a phone than a phones browser

When you open up the forum you see right away if there are any new post. I watch a couple other forums that are not available on TT and use my phones browser for them.

·
Super Moderator
68 Posts
@KodiakAdmin Any thoughts on this thread? I don't use TapaTalk so I'm unfamiliar with it. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
I was thinking that one of the other forums that has this same problem is also owned by the same company that owns this one.

So there might be a software glitch, but another form that I have seen this problem on is privately owned

1 - 20 of 28 Posts