Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to run a 12x7 5.0 + 2.0 ITP SS212 Housing a ITP Mud-lite XL 26x10x12 on the front of a 2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS without using Shims? Does anyone know if this will work. I did search the forum first and didn't find anything definitive, so if this is anything out there I apologize ahead of time.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues. Though I suggest you stay away from ITP Mudlite unless they are the Radial XTR version.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was discouraged to put wider tires on after watching a video on Youtube that showed how much mud, dirt, water gets thrown up in your face.

Also, please explain more about the ITP Mudlite tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was discouraged to put wider tires on after watching a video on Youtube that showed how much mud, dirt, water gets thrown up in your face.

Also, please explain more about the ITP Mudlite tires.
I have some Fender Flares on the way that should help with that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You shouldn't have any issues. Though I suggest you stay away from ITP Mudlite unless they are the Radial XTR version.
Thanks for the feedback Vincent. Here is where I landed 26x9x12 XTR's on the SS212's for the front and 26x11x12's on the rear same rims all around.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Mudlite XTRs are Excellent tires. I ran an older set that came with my used purchased machine. I had the same 26x9 & 26x11 on stock 12" rims. They will last a long time as they wear like iron . I ran them for 2000 miles before upgrading to my Growlers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts