Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys doing and how much are you paying for insurance on your Kodiaks. I have all of my stud through Progressive and they quoted almost $600/yr. Seemed high.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
429 Posts
After all my friends got trees, I did some checking. I’m thru Geico, but they are using Foremost Insurance out of Grand Rapids MI. They have an off-road policy. I’m paying something like 160-170 per machine for the year. And it covers theft!

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Fully insured added on to my truck policy, around $300cdn/yr

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Yeah it was around 260, but mine just renewed last month and of course... like everything else, the cost went up

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
I have all my insurance on one policy. Home, vehicles, ATV, and a umbrella package for myself.

For me it is around $300 a year for my Kodiak for full insurance on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Go talk to a independent insurance agent, not one that is locked into one company.

They can usually beat those other agents prices. You also might want to think of getting all of your insurance combined onto a single policy to see if there are any savings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go talk to a independent insurance agent, not one that is locked into one company.

They can usually beat those other agents prices. You also might want to think of getting all of your insurance combined onto a single policy to see if there are any savings.
All of my stuff (vehicles, boat, renters, etc) is with Progressive through an agent right now, which is why I was surprised at how expensive it was. I've had Progressive for everything for about 10 years. I've shopped it a few times and never could beat them.

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Talk to your agent, I have seen where they can cut you a deal if you have been with them a while.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
429 Posts
These policies are written as motorcycle insurance. Mine started about 300, and then a different salesman was able to get the Foremost policy. It’s designed for off road with different coverages. At 160 I figured it was worth it. I suspect you could go directly to Foremost.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am not sure what’s going on with the prices you guys pay….

I have two 2016 Kodiak 700’s insured with Progressive for $139 per year and that is for both of them combined! hat price hasn’t changed in 5 years. I just renewed it in September.

I have collision, comprehensive, theft, and medical coverages on the ATV’s just like our cars.

57 years old and good driving history.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not sure what’s going on with the prices you guys pay….

I have two 2016 Kodiak 700’s insured with Progressive for $139 per year and that is for both of them combined! hat price hasn’t changed in 5 years. I just renewed it in September.

I have collision, comprehensive, theft, and medical coverages on the ATV’s just like our cars.

57 years old and good driving history.
Strange.... that's the kind of price I was assuming, not 5x that. Hopefully I can find something more reasonable. I've got two other bikes coming from Santa this year for the kids that I may consider insuring as well.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
There are so many factors in getting pricing for insurance it makes it near impossible to compare prices equally. I use USAA for all my typical insurance needs, but since they don't do motorcycle/ATV's anymore they do a direct referral to Progressive.

My '20 Kodiak on a single policy from Progressive is/was running me $222/yr. My policy specifically is for Off-road use only, $0 deductible for Collision, $0 deductible for Comprehensive, Enhance Injury, Medical, Pedestrian Personal injury, $100k/$300k Bodily Injury & Property Damage. I also have my Kodiak list as being located/stored at our Mountain House and not at primary residence.

Recently added a new '21 Tracer 9GT to that Progressive policy and the Kodiak cost went down to $194/yr due to multi-bike discount. :)

·
Registered
Yamaha 2021 Kodiak 450eps se Yamaha 2020 WR250r
20 Posts
Progressive, long time customer, 20+ yrs. $250. Total per year for 3 bikes and one atv. Varying coverages on each and one driver listed. Flo is taking care of me so far but truth be told I haven't ever filed a claim.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts