Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on mirrors today , I originally tried mounting to front racks but rear seat blocked too much? I managed to move the brake and 4wd assembly just enough to fit clamp fittings.
Ordered from Amazon $20, cheap but does the job 👍
Full test this weekend hopefully.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Nice!
Bring a couple tools with you on that ride for adjustments. It looks like it pushed your throttle assembly over about 1/4”? For my hands, that would probably get uncomfortable after 20 miles. I’m guessing you ride a lot of dirt roads?

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!
Bring a couple tools with you on that ride for adjustments. It looks like it pushed your throttle assembly over about 1/4”? For my hands, that would probably get uncomfortable after 20 miles. I’m guessing you ride a lot of dirt roads?
Good point! I didn’t get a chance to test at all, I installed after work and then life took over.
I’m definitely going to bring tools to either adjust or remove.
I’ve had it out only once this week, picked it up last Tuesday, before then it’s been 20 years since I had a 4 wheeler ( Honda 4x4 350).
I’m more of a dirt road and trail rider, don’t care that much for speed as I used to?

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
I suspect you are going to have a blast! I got my Kodiak last Jan, expecting to tool around on some trails like a responsible adult. Enjoy the scenery, put around, relax. Sounds fun! I found out that 43 isn’t THAT old… next thing ya know I’m nailing trail jumps full throttle, and drifting the corners. Hahaha!!!
Ok, I’m not THAT aggressive, but it really has brought back the joys of my teen years on dirt bikes.
If you get thumb fatigue, stop and relax. Don’t try changing your grip - it’s not safe. And try adjusting the thumb throttle down until it’s comfy.
Enjoy your weekend, take pics, and give us an update!

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I suspect you are going to have a blast! I got my Kodiak last Jan, expecting to tool around on some trails like a responsible adult. Enjoy the scenery, put around, relax. Sounds fun! I found out that 43 isn’t THAT old… next thing ya know I’m nailing trail jumps full throttle, and drifting the corners. Hahaha!!!
Ok, I’m not THAT aggressive, but it really has brought back the joys of my teen years on dirt bikes.
If you get thumb fatigue, stop and relax. Don’t try changing your grip - it’s not safe. And try adjusting the thumb throttle down until it’s comfy.
You are spot on about that throttle thumb throttle. That's almost guaranteed to cause fatigue unless he has unusually long thumbs.

The mirrors look great though. Just find that ballance between fit and function and it will be perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JD I suspect your suspicions are correct sir! I gotta say I’ve got 13 years on you but when I took it out for the first time the more I rode my confidence increased! Will hopefully be able to hit the trails this weekend 🙏 , definitely looking forward to it!
take care JD
Brian

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are spot on about that throttle thumb throttle. That's almost guaranteed to cause fatigue unless he has unusually long thumbs.

The mirrors look great though. Just find that ballance between fit and function and it will be perfect.

CK your right! I m going to test it out and bring tools with me as per JD to alter or remove the throttle side mirror? Another thought was I could easily grind off each side of the bracket to buy me approximately 1/2 inch? I’ll update everyone after the next ride 👍
thanks CK
Brian

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
CK your right! I m going to test it out and bring tools with me as per JD to alter or remove the throttle side mirror? Another thought was I could easily grind off each side of the bracket to buy me approximately 1/2 inch? I’ll update everyone after the next ride
thanks CK
Brian
Yeah that may be a possibility. Sorry a try.
I have a set of the same mirrors here that i never installed. I ended up going with powermadd hand guards, and i bought the add on mirrors for those but haven't installed them yet.

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
@CanadianKodiak700 Been using the Powermadd Sentinel hand guards and mirrors for some time now. I do like them just want to say don't expect too much from them. Yes, if out trail riding with buddies I can see they are behind me but we only trail ride with lights on. I can see illuminated lights but if someone else was behind me without lights, it becomes much harder to see them with those mirrors. I won't get rid of them by way of going with something else, just want to make sure you understand they do not have the same capability like a true motorcycle side mirror. Since I don't really ride roads, they work for me.

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that may be a possibility. Sorry a try.
I have a set of the same mirrors here that i never installed. I ended up going with powermadd hand guards, and i bought the add on mirrors for those but haven't installed them yet.

Hi Ck, I ended up putting throttle and brake assembly’s back to original positions(as per good advice via forum). I found that loosening both assemblys I could find a new home for the right mirror bracket , screws out to tighten , as the back bracket is covered by brake reservoir.
of course it’s not perfectly symmetrical but as I need functional, once again I have yet to test but I’m okay with the setup
coder

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Hi Ck, I ended up putting throttle and brake assembly’s back to original positions(as per good advice via forum). I found that loosening both assemblys I could find a new home for the right mirror bracket , screws out to tighten , as the back bracket is covered by brake reservoir.
of course it’s not perfectly symmetrical but as I need functional, once again I have yet to test but I’m okay with the setup
coder View attachment 10887 View attachment 10888
Nice. Your thumb will thank you.. Lol

Reactions: JD864

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I thought that the idea of the Kodiak was to drive fast enough that you didn't have to worry with what was behind you.

But I have been caught in a couple of situations where the person that was riding with me would tap me on my shoulder and tell me that there was someone behind us. This was usually on a dirt road when coming back from a hunting area and I was just putting along.

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I had the chance to do a real trail test; the mirrors performed very well! Approximately 10 miles and they didn’t break or loosen! yea!
JimP that’s exactly what they are for, more of courtesy on shared trails as I,m still in putting around mode, I’d rather pull over and let th faster atvs go by. Also there’s a lot of trails I can get to by rural roads, but it has scared the sh#t out of me when cars go blasting by with no warning lol
but I have to admit I love this kodiak!
take care
coder

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I thought that the idea of the Kodiak was to drive fast enough that you didn't have to worry with what was behind you.

But I have been caught in a couple of situations where the person that was riding with me would tap me on my shoulder and tell me that there was someone behind us. This was usually on a dirt road when coming back from a hunting area and I was just putting along.
They are for the guys you ride with that are on a Polaris or a can am.... You have to check occasionally to make sure they haven't broken down behind you.
Haven't you noticed the writing on the bottom of the mirror.... Polaris in mirror are further than they appear....

Reactions: JD864 and JimP

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
They are for the guys you ride with that are on a Polaris or a can am.... You have to check occasionally to make sure they haven't broken down behind you.
Haven't you noticed the writing on the bottom of the mirror.... Polaris in mirror are further than they appear....

CK that statement is so appropriate for me lol! The 2 other guys I ride with have a sportsman and a canned ham! Hahaha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts