Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2019 EPS Armor grey last week. Was raining when I loaded it into the trailer, so I didn’t spend too much time inspecting. Went to unload it on Saturday and found 4 different tires on my brand new ATV. Want to laugh or shrug it off, but seriously. This is going to be at least 5-6 extra hours to deal with since I have to tow it back to dealer, wait for them to scratch their heads and grunt, then load and tow back... going to need to come up with a request to resolve this like free winch install or something. (In addition to tires)

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Weird.
They kinda look like 450 kodiaks tires on one side and the other are definitely 700 Kodiak tires.
You could just remove two wheels and get the dealer to switch tires on them instead of reloading the entire bike. Just a thought.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow.

That sucks.

I can empathize. I had to return my rear cargo box to the dealer here twice, so I made the trip to the dealer 3 times for my cargo box. The trip is easily 70 miles each time.

I like the idea of some compensation.

If they offer you a rear cargo box, be sure to inspect it carefully as well, my first replacement had probably been returned before, as its hardware bag had been opened and the mounting holes did not quite line up.

They should at least fill the tank on your truck! : )B

I hope this gets resolved for you in the most painless way possible.

On the bright side you DO have a new Kodiak!

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Weird.
They kinda look like 450 kodiaks tires on one side and the other are definitely 700 Kodiak tires.
You could just remove two wheels and get the dealer to switch tires on them instead of reloading the entire bike. Just a thought.
I didn’t double check the size, but the left side is the tire (maybe different size) as my 2018 700 EPS, and the right side tires aren’t even the same brand. The right rear looks much wider than the left. Would have pulled them off rather than tow that much, but I didn’t have my floor jack along and figured I may have them pick up the ATV and give it another once over.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow.

That sucks.

I can empathize. I had to return my rear cargo box to the dealer here twice, so I made the trip to the dealer 3 times for my cargo box. The trip is easily 70 miles each time.

I like the idea of some compensation.

They should at least fill the tank on your truck! : )B

I hope this gets resolved for you in the most painless way possible.

On the bright side you DO have a new Kodiak!

Happy Trails!
This is about 80 miles from where I intend to keep the ATV and 30 in the opposite direction from where I need to keep it until they open tomorrow... I felt like they gave me an amazing deal on the unit and service plan so I signed up for a second one for my 2018 as well. Needless to say I have lost some confidence in their service department at this point!

I’m sure they are going to shrug it off and just offer to swap them out, but I’m hoping they recognize how much of a pain this is.

Been thinking of a rear seat for both of our machines and could use them soon, so maybe I will just negotiate that into the mix. Like the idea of a box, but mainly just need a second seat on both Machines...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Must have been poor ventilation in the shop when they were putting the wheels on. Either that or someone is really stupid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must have been poor ventilation in the shop when they were putting the wheels on. Either that or someone is really stupid.
Maybe this is the real reason that most dealers are closed on Mondays? 😉

·
Registered
517 Posts
I agree with Nomad, poor ventilation in the shop when they were putting the wheels on and someone is really stupid. This is outrageous!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Vote no on legalizing pot. Only gets worse from there! Lol!
I'd call the dealer and see if they would just mail me two new tires and wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vote no on legalizing pot. Only gets worse from there! Lol!
I'd call the dealer and see if they would just mail me two new tires and wheels.
They ended up sending a couple techs out to me to swap them. They claimed that they didn’t assemble it and it was a dealer trade. This dealer Called the other dealer and was told that was the way it came in the crate. Yamaha admitted that it does happens from time to time since they do use different tires. It all seems very far fetched and unlikely that someone wouldn’t have caught it before I did... oh, and too late. Pot is already legal in Denver 😳

·
Super Moderator
1,656 Posts
They also just de-criminalized magic mushrooms in Denver also.

A lot that I have been reading think that the whole state is open to them but it is only Denver, and they are still not legal. You just don't get into any trouble having them.

So which tires did you end up with when they switched them out?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So which tires did you end up with when they switched them out?
I’m guessing the mushroom thing means my insurance will be going up soon.

They just put the Maxis on. We don’t plan to get too carried away with trail riding these. Most of the riding we have access to from our house is just forest service type roads and we are a 15 mild ride away from Corona Pass!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wagmore, where did you buy it in Denver? I bought my 16 from Vickery Motor Sports and they seemed to be really on the ball. If you say Vickery I guess I won't hold them in such high esteem!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wagmore, where did you buy it in Denver? I bought my 16 from Vickery Motor Sports and they seemed to be really on the ball. If you say Vickery I guess I won't hold them in such high esteem!
I got this one at G-Force, and will say that at least the Sales manager was on the ball with resolving this without too much inconvenience on my end. I was at Vickery last month and they do seem like very very nice people, but the service department wasn’t exactly on the ball either.

·
Registered
344 Posts
At some point you might find that the stock tires just don't provide the support then replacing them can make the quad ride even better. My stocks stayed on there around 100 miles before I wanted the change. Tried to sell them cheap on Craigslist, and after a couple months of that finally had to just throw them away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At some point you might find that the stock tires just don't provide the support then replacing them can make the quad ride even better. My stocks stayed on there around 100 miles before I wanted the change. Tried to sell them cheap on Craigslist, and after a couple months of that finally had to just throw them away.
I had someone who offered a set with wheels for cheap and then said they would check on shipping, then flaked out after making me wait for a couple weeks...

Most of our riding is going to be basic Forest Service roads, light trails, and work on our mountain property. So I won’t replace these until one of them fails and can’t be repaired.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had someone who offered a set with wheels for cheap and then said they would check on shipping, then flaked out after making me wait for a couple weeks...

Most of our riding is going to be basic Forest Service roads, light trails, and work on our mountain property. So I won’t replace these until one of them fails and can’t be repaired.
I understand, but when you do change them you may wish you had done it sooner. :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I understand, but when you do change them you may wish you had done it sooner. :)
Yeah, we see that everywhere though. The tires they put on cars, trucks, motorcycles ATVs etc are most of the time not the best choice for the end user. These ones have been working so far dragging 30-45’ logs on the property, sometimes up hill, just had to use diff lock a few times and give it a good yank... also handled plowing 16” of snow this spring!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts