Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Checked the drive belt because i have tracks and heard the tracks are hard on the belt but there were no cracks or noticeable wear.
-Changed the oil and check my air filter, when i check that there was blue goo? (Attached photo) At the bottom of the box, whats is it ?!?
-When tightening the oil filter, it got tight but felt like it could keep turning it, i do my own oil changes on the truxk but normally the filter stops spinning? Any advice ?
-Also now my accessories arent working , i assume i blew a fuse some how? Any ideas here?

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
That looks like the remains of a little excess foam filter oil. No big deal. Too much is better than too little.

Edit: forgot to comment on oil filter. Do the threads match those on old filter? Is the gasket still on? Is it the right filter?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Your air box blue goop is
nothing more but excessive air filter oil....nothing to stress over

Oil filter must stop turning if not, something wrong.... Mite be wrong part number or just a bad filter....

Electrical, I would start with fuses.

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
What accessories do you have that are not working?

I also agree in checking the fuses in the battery compartment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i pulled the fuses , they were good and i put them back in. Then i played with the wire connections to the LED switched and that seemed to work. The LEDs came on with. I guess i have to check the wire connections to the switch ? I dunno what happened, ive had no problems with it for 2 years but i have been doing alot of trial rides lately, maybe loosened a connection? (I had the lights installed by local dealer but theyre known for sub-par mechanics but i like to support local businesses )

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yup the blue goo was in my air box too when I cleaned the filter the first time, that’s the color of the foam filter oil Yamaha uses at the factory and they put way too much on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The oil filter just sounds like the incorrect one, or bad threads from mfg.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd suggest you do the air filter mod for long engine life.
If your oil filter doesn't tighten up you should not run the engine.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Primethious is one hundred percent right, you have a faulty filter or the wrong one. Don't run that engine until you figure this out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke to a friend and checked it with him and it is the correct filter and its installed tight enough, even too tight.
I was using a filter wrench which gave me alot of torque, i guess im used to spinning them on my hand.
After a big trail ride in 12 inches of snow my oil level is good and bike ran very well

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think every filter is hand tighten only, never use a tool to tighten. If you can't get it to not leak, there is seal issue with the rubber gasket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts