Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weather finally broke and I was able to get the Kodiak out for it's first real ride. Took it out to the Son in laws bosses ranch, one of the perks of his employment ;) . Link to an old article about it,I highly recommend a trip if you can make it.
Ride Montana at Bull Run Guest Ranch | BlueRibbon Coalition

Spent the better part of 4 hours riding in the lower prairie and climbing higher and deeper into the mountains,several creek crossings and a great day was had. Machine performed flawlessly and I only put it in4x4 with diff lock to cross the creeks other than that 2wd was all that was needed. The Kenda Bear claws dug in and gave great traction,I am very happy with that upgrade.
IMG_8673.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Weather finally broke and I was able to get the Kodiak out for it's first real ride. Took it out to the Son in laws bosses ranch, one of the perks of his employment ;) . Link to an old article about it,I highly recommend a trip if you can make it.
Ride Montana at Bull Run Guest Ranch | BlueRibbon Coalition

Spent the better part of 4 hours riding in the lower prairie and climbing higher and deeper into the mountains,several creek crossings and a great day was had. Machine performed flawlessly and I only put it in4x4 with diff lock to cross the creeks other than that 2wd was all that was needed. The Kenda Bear claws dug in and gave great traction,I am very happy with that upgrade.
View attachment 9546 View attachment 9547 View attachment 9548 View attachment 9549 View attachment 9547
Awesome scenery! Did you see any wildlife out there? I'm about to upgrade to the
Bearclaw HTR'S. Good to hear they didn't let you down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome scenery! Did you see any wildlife out there? I'm about to upgrade to the
Bearclaw HTR'S. Good to hear they didn't let you down.
Saw all kinds of mule deer, a couple whitetails and a group of wild turkeys. I was up there this past fall hunting with the son in-law and we saw about 2 dozen bighorn sheep and we both bagged a deer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fantastic. Looks like you rode straight through the set of a Western movie.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I continue to be impressed with the capabilities of this machine, I finally put it to work while building a fence at the cabin. It hauled the trees for the poles out of the timber with ease and then moved this huge boulder from the farthest fence post to where it is in the picture. My first attempt was in four low and it just dug in and barely moved the boulder,I then engaged the diff lock and it pulled it with ease. Pro tip, if anyone needs wants/needs to move large rocks,an old snow chain makes a great "sling" to wrap around the boulder to give you something to attach your cable to ;) I have moved many large rocks this way with both ATV's and trucks/winches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
M1a, I 'm seriously contemplating the HTR's for my 700 also. thinking about the 27's instead of 26's. since you are running them and have personal experience, what are your thoughts? the other tire option is the ITP Mud Lite II also in a 27"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The HTR's really dig in and get traction I have no regrets getting them. No experience with the mud light so I can't offer a comparison.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The HTR's really dig in and get traction I have no regrets getting them. No experience with the mud light so I can't offer a comparison.
Thank you for responding. I ordered them this morning from 2wheel.com got the 27's for $406 free shipping. I'm excited to get them on.

Reactions: m1awolf
1 - 9 of 9 Posts