Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, I went looking for a forum for info and this looked like a good one.
I am a classic Kodiak owner contemplating an upgrade to the latest and greatest. I have a 2000 Kodiak we bought new and use it for plowing snow, yard work and a little play and riding through farm fields and woods. I've hauled some deer, drug some logs and sank it in swamps to the grips (that was a nightmare- had to get it out before it froze in)

So it's time to upgrade! and in 17 years the only thing I've replaced is a couple batteries and the needle/seat in the carb float bowl. Aside from that, fluids and filters and it has it's 3rd set of tires (ITP Mud Lites). So based on my experience the choice is a no brainer on what to buy. After driving friends Polaris and Cats with EPS, which I shunned, I have to admit it's pretty nice and I'm not getting any younger.

Just got a quote from my local dealer on a new 700 SE EPS with the 2500 Warn pkg with synthetic cable and plow. I think that's what time it is for me so I'll be checking out what I'm sure is good info. I'm liking the Yammy blue after so long looking at my hunter green and black bulldozer.

I am a bit biased as my toys are all Yam, had a few Vmax sleds now a RX that sits beside the one exception a 2000 arctic Cat Thundercat, I ride a Midnight Roadstar and even have a Yamaha 12 string acoustic/electric guitar :nerd:

So that's about it, Yammy blood in the veins!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good evening. I did a ton of research and the necessary due diligence. I called multiple dealerships and asked about what would be the most durable Kodiak. I was told to stay away from the tactical black although I do think it's very sharp looking (matte black and black rims simply wear the easiest) my special edition wolverine's rims looked horrible- I am a big fan of team colors and wanted to go with blue. There were multiple dealers including Yamaha corporate that stated the color midnight blue was not painted like an automobile rather it was wrapped. The paint that Polaris / Can Am uses will crack if hit hard by something vs tear/peel. Yamaha thinks their system is better. I think all the colors look awesome but durability and the machine looking clean 5 years from now, I am going midnight blue.

FYI I plow - and that's the main purpose of selling my rancher 420 and going with something bigger - another "manufacturer" told me to get a KFI tow rope for my new Warn 2500. He said it was the best on the market and no more rope failures during a blizzard.....and he didn't work for KFI

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am yam all they way too, but got to love the old 1000 T cat power house back in its day,
Hey, you got that right, it was only out of respect that I had to find one that was untouched. It is surely in a class of it's own and that throttle will spoil you when you get on anything else but I admit, turning a key on the RX1 and backing it out of the shop with no smell sure beats pulling that 1 liter over in 15 degree weather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts