Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

How long will the 700 engine last?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rob-c 
#1 ·
I have a friend with a Honda motorcycle with the 1100 engine. He bought it new in 1987 and has taken excellent care of it. It now has 91,000 miles and has never been worked on. I am a bit curious about a one cylinder big bore engine, and I know they can do well. Anyone care to offer what kind of life, the 700 one cylinder can reach? I am not concerned, but curious.

#2 ·
This is a question relevant today as well. How long does a Kodiak 700 engine last if your just putting from a to b pulling things behind you. Changing oil every 50 hrs, coolant every two years. How old would you let your machine get before depreciation hits you or you start spending allot on repairs.

#3 ·
A member named Reogem over on the grizzly forum has a 2013 grizzly 700 with over 22 000 miles. Motor has only had regular maintenance, and runs as strong as his current 2019 Kodak 700

#4 ·
All depends on the maintenance performed on the machine. Poor maintenance will decrease a engines life no matter who made it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.