Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Kodiak 700 camo 1400 miles

Our left headlight went out recently. My son wants to upgrade to HID lights. Does anyone have a brand that they would recommend? Also the middle light also.

thank you,
b
3288C5AC-B1E1-41D3-94BB-7D2AEA511E77.jpeg

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd just replace with stock and add a LED bar on there, much better lighting. :)

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
I have hids in my kodiak, I searched for an H6M bulb on flea bay . I found a motorcycle kit, 8000k bulb, 35w ballast. I bought 2, cut my factory wires, soldered in the hids.
They are bright, but because they are 8000k, they are bluish /purple, I would have preferred a 5000 to 6000k white color.
There are bixenon, so you have hi & low. The bulb actually tilts to change from hi to low.

Now. These bulbs don't fit perfect. The ballasts I have zip tied up to the top of the inner fender, they get direct contact with everything that comes off the front tire. So far, multiple creek crossings fender deep, snow as slush, feeder deep mud, and constant bombardment from rocks from my tires. Zero issues.

I really wish our 16+ bikes would use an H4 bulb like the older grizzly, but it's nowhere near fitting.

As for the high center light, it's the same bulb, but I'm a firm believer in unholy that bulb age use alight bar or pods. That center light is useless if you plan on using your front rack.

There are zero plug & play led bulbs worth buying, that fit our bikes. They look nice, but actual light output is less than stock halogen bulbs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts