Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just picked up my 2021 450. The last UTV I drove was a military version of the Honda Odyssey in the late eighties. (Had an M-60 on the roll bar). I have so much to learn. I plan to use the Kodiak mostly for trail work on my property and driving to work on gravel/ clay mountain road during bad weather. They are street legal where I live. I will be be doing some trail riding but I'm too old for crazy riding.

One of the first things I plan to do is get a light bar. Looking for installation ideas. I will be ordering a winch and plow kit in early September.
All ideas welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
279 Posts
Welcome Don! Congrats on your new toy! It will serve you well. Many owners find a tire upgrade to be high on the list. A little seat time will let you know if you need them for your riding. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
1,717 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Kodiak.

On the plow there are two types. One that mounts up under the belly of the Kodiak and one that mounts out in front. I have had them both and prefer the front mount. There is no laying down to put the mount pins in and you don't loose any ground clearance where with the mid mount plow you loose about a inch and a half with the mounting system hanging down. You never realize how much it hangs down until you start to hit rocks and logs with it. With the front mount you might have to kneel down to hook up but I like it much better.

Winches are pretty much mount, plug, and play anymore. You just have to make sure that the one that you purchase has the mounting bracket for the 450. I have a Warn Pro Vantage 2500 winch and front mount snow plow and have had zero problems with it in 4 years of riding and plowing snow.

Reactions: Wingnut

·
Registered
2021 700-EPS, EHS tuner/airbox, HMF Titan, Warn 2500, 52" plow, 1" spacers, front basket, rear box.
392 Posts
Welcome to the Yak Forum, Don, and good luck with your new 450. Sure wish I had me an M60! Single-most reliable piece of hardware and firepower in it's era . . . was never able to find a way to sneak one into a duffle bag for the flight back home! 🤔

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
279 Posts
Welcome to the Yak Forum, Don, and good luck with your new 450. Sure wish I had me an M60! Single-most reliable piece of hardware and firepower in it's era . . . was never able to find a way to sneak one into a duffle bag for the flight back home! 🤔
Oh My God!!!!
Wingnut with an M60????

EVERYBODY DUCK!!!!!!

😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome and I’m truly jealous on where you live, when we retire South Dakota is very high on our list to move to.

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
373 Posts
With that disarming neighborly smile of yours I suppose the enemy never saw it coming. Welcome.. ride well chosen.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
That's a proud man on his new machine..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts