Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found the bike i want 2016 Kodiak esp se did the deal over the phone driving 4 1/2 hours to get it next saturday. From what i have read about the "low revving motor" if fix is clutch weights and spring change. Has any one done this ? does it make a BIG difference? is it worth it? not the cost! but the faster revs / performance ? this will be a trail ride / mountain bike and just want to get some opinions before i pick it up thinking abut just having the dealer do it before i pick it up and be done with it. all comments are welcome. Thanks for any and all feedback. Will

·
Registered
55 Posts
drive it. no clutch mods and 27" bugs on mine. im happy with it. I may at sometime put 1/2 of the grizz weight in clutch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new Kodiak. Great machine!! I've put in Grizzly weights (18g) with a 1mm shim mod and run 27" tires and can say that for sure there is more punch off the start and middle part of the throttle. Defiantly a difference imo

·
Registered
129 Posts
So i found the bike i want 2016 Kodiak esp se did the deal over the phone driving 4 1/2 hours to get it next saturday. From what i have read about the "low revving motor" if fix is clutch weights and spring change. Has any one done this ? does it make a BIG difference? is it worth it? not the cost! but the faster revs / performance ? this will be a trail ride / mountain bike and just want to get some opinions before i pick it up thinking abut just having the dealer do it before i pick it up and be done with it. all comments are welcome. Thanks for any and all feedback. Will
Just as Plaid Dad said, ride it first and see how you like it. A set of weights will run you about $50 and you can chose any weight you want, not just Grizzly 18 gram. A shim mod is also cheap if you want to try it, about $10 on ebay. The nice thing about the CVT is that you can mod it to your liking or leave it untouched.

You are the one to decide if you like it or want something changed like more low end, more speed etc- depends on your riding style , if you upgrade tires and so on.
I remember one of the comments on this forum after changing clutch weights to some very light ones was that the Kodiak was like a "raped ape" lol ....so you can do pretty much anything from very tame to very jumpy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts