Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plowing snow tonight and my winch shorted out
Disconnected the winch but now bike won't start won't even roll over does anyone know if there is a fuse that could have blown thank any help would be appreciated
2016 kodiak 700

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe a fuse if the winch quit. There should be a couple spare in the fuse box. If you check them all and they look good, I know most winches are wired through the starter, disconnect your winch wires from your starter wires (two prong) and connect them back together.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Plowing snow tonight and my winch shorted out
Disconnected the winch but now bike won't start won't even roll over does anyone know if there is a fuse that could have blown thank any help would be appreciated
2016 kodiak 700
Where did you disconnected the winch leads? There are two set of wires for the winch :the main leads are direct to the battery , no fuses there to blow. The control wires are usually run thru a circuit usually are tapped into the aux plug under the key. Check the battery terminals, make sure they're tight and clean. If you turn the ignition key on do you hear the fuel pump ? everything else works? check your kill switch make sure it's on. Good luck and post back with more details if you can't figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts