Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Kodiak 700 still under warranty, although the dealer is over an hour away. I went to get on it today, and I turn the key on and the only thing on the instrument panel was the eps light. Nothing else came up on the screen, and no power to start it. Let it sit for a while, and came back to try again, same thing, and now there is a ticking noise coming from somewhere. Any idea on what this could be, before I take it to the dealership? Any thoughts would be appreciated! I am not very mechanical, but I am trying to learn, and am enjoying the process, but it takes me forever to get anything done. However, with the electrical, I am kind of clueless.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Sounds like it could be a dead battery.

The ticking noise could be a relay trying to connect. It could also be a loose battery connection.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
575 Posts
Jump starting with a car or another battery will tell you a bunch. If that works, see if the battery will take and hold a charge. I am assuming Jim is right on the low battery, and if it starts he is right!

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Well, I should of said that the ticking could be the relay trying to connect but can't because of a low voltage from a loose battery connection.

But trying to jump start it from a car battery is a quick and easy way to check to see if it might be the battery.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Checkout battey connections first then try to jump star it , be patient on letting your car charge the battery. After it’s hooked up hop in your car and bring your rpm’s up to 1500 - 2000 and hold it there for a minute or two .

Reactions: Madmax
1 - 6 of 6 Posts