Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys picked up a 1995 Yamaha Kodiak 400 for $250 off my cousin. He got it off of his ex brother in law who rolled it and had to leave it for a night. Someone took the seat. I have bought a few seats off of ebay that were marked to fit this 4 wheeler off two different sellers. None would fit. I even cross referenced the part numbers and they should have fit. I double checked the vin and I have the correct year. Both fit exactly the same. My friend has an 89 Big Bear, we tried his and that fit good. My issue is once I got it back together I found out the transmission is clunking pretty bad in high. I see good cores for sale that would be perfect to swap all my parts onto it but I don't want to have any more fitment issues. I seen there were two models one for Maine and New Hampshire and the other for the rest of the country. Does anyone know the differences? I'm in Ohio and doubt this came from one of those NE states. I tried researching the vin and the only think I can find is the year is a 1995. It looks exactly like pictures of other 1995 Kodiaks. I know this is a forum more geared towards newer Kodiaks. Hoping someone has answers or can point me in the right direction (forums for older Kodiaks ect.) Thank you and sorry for the wall of text.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there may be someone on here that may be able to help you. I could of helped on the seat since I had a 89 Big Bear that was red and stole one off of a friends as a joke, but he didn't like red. That's surprising that the seats wouldn't work. I know that ones off of a 96 or 97 also fits a 94.

The transmissions should also be the same but with your luck with the seat who knows but I think that I would chance it that they will swap

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just a thought... could the frame be sprung? Maybe the seat is right, but the frame is out of place. Not sure the condition of it from being rolled, or what it’s been through.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
If the seat from the 89 Big Bear fits then the others should.

Have you compared the Big Bear seat with the ones that don't fit to see if you can tell the difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the seat from the 89 Big Bear fits then the others should.

Have you compared the Big Bear seat with the ones that don't fit to see if you can tell the difference?
The other seats were too high and too short.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
That's too bad, I looked on a couple of parts sites as you must of done and found that the whole seat assembly is unavailable.

Sad to say but you may just have to keep trying those that say that it will fit and return the ones that don't. Or get creative with some wood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts