Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was turning 40 in a few days and we needed another ATV in the stable my Wife gave me the thumbs up to get a wheeler. After searching all the local Craigslists and online marketplaces for a "clean used" Grizzly 550/700 EPS and not finding anything under 5000$ I switch to looking for a new one. A dealer near by had a Blue 19' 700 Kodiak SE and fell in love instantly, I HAD to have it BUT this dealer doesn't budge off MSRP on anything. Since Yamaha released the 500$ rebate and financing the dealer stock has been dropping quickly on the ESP model in my area but I found another new Blue SE 1.5 hours away at a dealer I've done deals with before and they had it priced 450$ under retail. I called them quick to verify they still had it and told them I'd take it. The next day I went to pick her up, and the first thing the sales guy said is "I made a mistake" and my heart sank thinking they had sold it to someone else. Come to find out he thought it was still in the crate but the day before the shop had pulled it out of the crate to prep it for display and installed the full ROX riser/handlebar setup and literally wheeled it onto the showroom just after I got off the phone with him. Since it was already installed they left it on as a "freebee" since that wasn't discussed on the phone in the price. I can't figure a better way to climb "over the hill" than on my new Kodiak 700 SE!

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lucky you!

Congratulations on the new Kodiak and welcome to the forum from Southern Oregon!

Glad you got a "freebie" with your purchase. I guess it pays to shop around!

Do you plan on making any changes to it right away, or riding it stock for a while?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After test riding a different one and then getting mine with the ROX setup I definitely would have purchased the ROX setup my self. Otherwise I'll probably install a set of 27" trail friendly mud tires, I've have a set of 27" Vampires on my Rancher 420 and love those so probably the new Vampire II. Next look for lower profile rear rack box and possibly do some clutching. Never owned a CVT atv before but plenty of snowmobile experience tuning clutches. I really like the fit of this Kodiak, almost "feels" the same size as my 420 which is a good thing, the Grizzly I test rode felt "bigger"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Since I was turning 40 in a few days and we needed another ATV in the stable my Wife gave me the thumbs up to get a wheeler. After searching all the local Craigslists and online marketplaces for a "clean used" Grizzly 550/700 EPS and not finding anything under 5000$ I switch to looking for a new one. A dealer near by had a Blue 19' 700 Kodiak SE and fell in love instantly, I HAD to have it BUT this dealer doesn't budge off MSRP on anything. Since Yamaha released the 500$ rebate and financing the dealer stock has been dropping quickly on the ESP model in my area but I found another new Blue SE 1.5 hours away at a dealer I've done deals with before and they had it priced 450$ under retail. I called them quick to verify they still had it and told them I'd take it. The next day I went to pick her up, and the first thing the sales guy said is "I made a mistake" and my heart sank thinking they had sold it to someone else. Come to find out he thought it was still in the crate but the day before the shop had pulled it out of the crate to prep it for display and installed the full ROX riser/handlebar setup and literally wheeled it onto the showroom just after I got off the phone with him. Since it was already installed they left it on as a "freebee" since that wasn't discussed on the phone in the price. I can't figure a better way to climb "over the hill" than on my new Kodiak 700 SE!

WELCOME to the Kodiak Forum. Congrats on your new ATV!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts