Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I new to this forum. I joined the quad community this January when my son and I purchased new Kodiak 700, EPS, SE. I have been riding most of my life, dirt bikes, road bikes, touring bikes, and a couple of side by sides. I turned 67 and due to health reasons I decided it was time to put away the duel sport bikes. The farthest I have make it East in Sturgis and farthest south is riding 101 on the Pacific coast.

I live up in Washington State in a small town called Moses Lake. We have a bunch or sand dunes that I have rode in since I was a kid. It's a big hit with ORV's.

Now that I am retired from 37 years of facility maintenance I wanted something I could enjoy and relax on. The side by sides, razer, TREX, and Jeep Wrangler Rubicon were fun but it felt like was driving instead of riding something. Driving got boring for me so I chose riding.

By favorite place to ride is in Idaho, up the Saint Joe River and surrounding areas. I love riding mountain roads and trails. I do not care much for mudding, jumping, rock climbing, and racing any more. It's funny how age changes things. It's time to slow down.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome aboard. And I agree I would rather ride a atv than drive a sxs how boring.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Id love a sxs.. but I'll never be able to afford one that would be as fun as a wheeler.

For me to have as much fun in a sxs as I do on my wheeler im sure it would cost 20k lol. Would definitely need a 1000cc turbo rocking 33" tires.

Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id love a sxs.. but I'll never be able to afford one that would be as fun as a wheeler.

For me to have as much fun in a sxs as I do on my wheeler im sure it would cost 20k lol. Would definitely need a 1000cc turbo rocking 33" tires.

Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have friends that ride UTV's. Some love them and some love them when they get to go fast. For me I really enjoyed my razor and teryx. After awhile it was like driving my jeep. I still enjoyed them but the uh an ahh wore off. Then I ran into issues with 50 inch trails in Idaho. I hope the joy of riding a ATV is everything I hoped it will be. Time will tell. I have only rode it in the sand dunes so far. I can hardly wait to take it to the mountains.

I need to heal up a little before I try it. I am still recovering from a lung infection which required a painful surgery. The short rides I have done really stretch me out.

I have been working on accessories the past few months. I just install bear claw tire, aluminum skid plates, mirror, hand protection, rear cargo box, and today I installed a set of racks to carry self preservation items and hunting tools.

Lunch calls so I need to eat,

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have friends that ride UTV's. Some love them and some love them when they get to go fast. For me I really enjoyed my razor and teryx. After awhile it was like driving my jeep. I still enjoyed them but the uh an ahh wore off. Then I ran into issues with 50 inch trails in Idaho. I hope the joy of riding a ATV is everything I hoped it will be. Time will tell. I have only rode it in the sand dunes so far. I can hardly wait to take it to the mountains.

I need to heal up a little before I try it. I am still recovering from a lung infection which required a painful surgery. The short rides I have done really stretch me out.

I have been working on accessories the past few months. I just install bear claw tire, aluminum skid plates, mirror, hand protection, rear cargo box, and today I installed a set of racks to carry self preservation items and hunting tools.

Lunch calls so I need to eat,
I'm sure your first trip up to high country will be more than satisfactory. Im sorry to hear about you needing surgery, and wish you a speedy recovery.

Thats a good list of upgrades you got going on. Pre-season prep is always fun.. mabey not so much for the wallet though lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts