Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Bought a used kodiak with heated grips. The heated grips don’t work. Found these wires which i believe are connections but not connected to anything. Could these be the reason they
don't work. See attached pic. Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
No idea, trace the wires from the grips they should go to the control box for the (the on/off switch).

Then from there there should be the 1 power wire and a ground.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Those look like the accessory wires that come from the factory with nothing hooked up to them that most guy’s connect their winch to so that power to the winch is thru the ignition key switch.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll have to look but I think those are intended for hard wiring a battery tender. I believe my heated grips and thumb warmer are hooked up with power wire tied into ignition and ground directly on battery but it's been a couple of years since I installed them so not sure. I will look and update tomorrow. I just took all the plow gear off Monday and now we are getting a big storm tonight. That's typical of my luck lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
My neighbor told me the other day that I could take the plow off but I am waiting until May. All the hills and dirt roads are nothing but mud right now so I'm not riding it anyway.

On the grips, the installation instructions on mine told me to just connect the wires to the batteries and I supposed that they wanted me to use the on/off switch to control them. I picked up a relay and mounted it in the battery area and since I already had a key on/off hot wire tapped I just used that for the relay power.

If it is a good day tomorrow I'll see if I can see where those two wires are connected on my Kodiak and repost. I was also thinking that they may have something to do with a winch hook up. But I believe that the ones for the winch relay is down low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts