Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Headlight

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Link 
#1 ·
New member here, I was wondering if anybody had thoughts on adding a headlight to a ,2016 kodiak 700 base model? That is the only thing I wish they would put on all models! Any suggestions appreciated!!

#3 ·
Where? It has two or are you talking about the one that the higher end Kodiak's have on the handle bars?

You can add it but it get expensive buying the parts.

#4 ·
If you really want to light up the night add a LED bar or cube to the handlebars- or rack. It will be far superior to the OEM halogen bulbs in either of the three headlights. Search on this forum, there is at least one thread on this very subject with pictures and details.

#6 ·
I believe that your dealer is about $400 too much doing it piece meal. If you go to a on line parts dealer I would bet that you could do it quite a bit cheaper.

I looked at one for the headlight and speedometer and it was closer to $500 but the speedometer was around $100 so if you can do without it the cost will be less.

#7 ·
I didn't have anything to do so I added up the parts cost for the headlight assembly along with the meter assembly and it came in at around $309+shipping US. I was off on the speedometer/meter assembly in the above post, it alone was $191 US

Perhaps in the future Yamaha will offer a kit all put together for us that might want to put it on our machines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.