Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed I have burnt light.
Just wondering what you are using for replacement bulbs, dealer or aftermarket?
I know it as h6m 12v 30/30 but most of the ones on amazon.ca are 12v 35/35 will the extra heat affect the lens? My lights are mostly for daytime driving as I have a rigid 10 in led bar that provides me with extra light , but they say we have to have lights on on the trials. Any recommendations ?

·
Registered
477 Posts
It is my educated guess that the additional wattage will not be an issue for heat or anything else. I would buy the one with the best price.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
You will be fine with the 35w bulbs

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody using Led bulbs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After 3 dealers I finally found a bulb in stock where I actually didn’t have to order it . I was never so frustrated with these dealers ,that they can’t even stock inventory for a simple light bulb for a kodiak . I even suggested to the parts guy to take one out of the 10 kodiak ATVs he had sitting out front and replace it when the bulb came. He said that he they were a different part # .i said ok see you later ,went to my truck pulled up the parts on Yamaha on my iPad and guess what same bulb # as my atv. And guess what that’s the last time he’s going to see my face. also needed brake pads and guess what none in stock not even aftermarket. Then I went to the next dealer no luck on bulb ,brake pads and a filter. Finally hit the 3rd and got all 3 finally. Great Yamaha service...........

·
Super Moderator
1,304 Posts
I have found that dealers are almost next to worthless when buying parts from them.

The first time that I pulled my rear tires off I found that the dealer had cross threaded the lug onto the stud when they installed the tires. I went to my local dealer and they didn't have any studs in stock and wanted to charge me $7 for next day shipping and that I had to pay then and not when the stud came in.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
I have found that dealers are almost next to worthless when buying parts from them.

The first time that I pulled my rear tires off I found that the dealer had cross threaded the lug onto the stud when they installed the tires. I went to my local dealer and they didn't have any studs in stock and wanted to charge me $7 for next day shipping and that I had to pay then and not when the stud came in.
Exactly. The minute they say I have to prepay plus pay shipping, I'm out of there. I'll order it online myself. Seen it so many times 5 or 10 guys in one day all prepay, plus the shipping, then dealer puts in large order, gaining free shipping due to large order. All that shipping fees is profit then instead of refunding the customer.

·
Super Moderator
1,304 Posts
I walked into a auto parts store one time and they told me that they needed to order the part in and that it would be there the next day. The next day when I went in they told me how much I would have to pay for shipping, I told them where they could put the part.

A couple of days later I walked back in and purchased the part, they had just placed it on their shelves and into their inventory instead of shipping it back.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've got low beam out on both side, smacked on the right one and it came on for a bit and that was it.

Anyone got a link to what they've ordered?

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
Since I last posted in this thread, I've done a pile of research myself on headlights. I myself actually ended up going with a set of HIDs that were h6m for motorcycles and also doing that I discovered that our kodiaks bulbs are not actually hcms they are a proprietary number. And h6m is very close but not a perfect fit it does take a tiny bit of modification to make the h6m bulb fit

·
Registered
212 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts