Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Super Moderator
I have looked and have found a few HID and LED lights that will actually fit into the housing, but my problem is as you mentioned having a way to mount them into the existing bracket so to speak. And before I ordered some I would want to actually see them and see if they could be mounted with perhaps even a custom made bracket.

In other words I would like to be able to walk into a dealer and actually handle them before buying them.

It is sad that with as simple as the Kodiak's light mounting is that someone hasn't manufactured a light to replace the light housing that is stock.

Registered

Super Moderator
Can you put the factory grizzly LED lights in a Kodiak? Not the bulb but the whole housing.
No, not easily. The mount did the 2 lights is totally different. You would need to do some cutting of plastics and fabricate a way to mount it to the kodiak fender.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
I have looked and have found a few HID and LED lights that will actually fit into the housing, but my problem is as you mentioned having a way to mount them into the existing bracket so to speak. And before I ordered some I would want to actually see them and see if they could be mounted with perhaps even a custom made bracket.

In other words I would like to be able to walk into a dealer and actually handle them before buying them.

It is sad that with as simple as the Kodiak's light mounting is that someone hasn't manufactured a light to replace the light housing that is stock.
I agree, surprised nobody had mass produced a led light. There is a guy on Facebook that mods and sells the lower wattage version of the same leds i plan to install. They look very nice once installed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts