Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I spent a couple days riding Hatfield McCoy with friends. One was on his Sportsman 570, and the other on his Brute Force. We did 45 miles on Fri and 45 miles on Sunday. Today we planned on 30 maybe? But the Kaw is having problems. It started bogging on the trail, above 3/4 throttle. Then bogging above 1/2 throttle… We aren’t going out today :(
Consensus is it’s a fuel pump. My Griz had one fail last year. He only has 500 miles on the machine. Interested to see if Kaw will stand behind it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure what trails you are near but check with Ziggys or any of the local shops. Sometimes they have some after-market stuff in stock and you could get back on the trail. Generally, aftermarket fuel pumps are too expensive if they happen to have one in stock. Sorry to hear it messed up your trip.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE Covert Green, Kenda Bearclaw HTRs
5 Posts
This weekend I spent a couple days riding Hatfield McCoy with friends. One was on his Sportsman 570, and the other on his Brute Force. We did 45 miles on Fri and 45 miles on Sunday. Today we planned on 30 maybe? But the Kaw is having problems. It started bogging on the trail, above 3/4 throttle. Then bogging above 1/2 throttle… We aren’t going out today :(
Consensus is it’s a fuel pump. My Griz had one fail last year. He only has 500 miles on the machine. Interested to see if Kaw will stand behind it.
Which trails did you ride? We rode about 60miles of Pocohantas on Thursday and another 60-70miles on Indian Ridge on Friday. We stayed in Bluefield, WV, not far from Buffalo Trail Restaurant and cabins. Was a bit chilly in the mornings but after 10am it was about perfect and the fall colors were about peak for the area.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friday was Pocohontas, and Sat was Pinnacle. Did about 45 miles each. It was our first time up there, so we were just learning it. We also stayed in Bluefield, but did a AirBnB. Trailered to the trailheads. Might do it different next time

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ran down and rode Ivy Branch yesterday - super nice weather and it being a Monday, there was only one other regular rider out on the trails. DNR was down there with over 40 SxS's for something they were doing. All their Rangers were VERY courteous and friendly. Several spoke and were joking around as I unloaded and was in the "store". Seeing I was riding by myself, I figured I picked the perfect day to be on the trails since if something happened, there would be someone to render assistance nearby!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts