Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting calls about taking the ATV course included with the purchase of my Kodiak. Has anyone taken this course and what kind of "incentive" did you receive?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I did an online research on what it actually offered, and felt I had nothing to gain. I have been riding since 1991 when I bought my first Honda Fourtrax. Be sure to give us your thoughts if you take it. I missed the part about the incentive!

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
It depends on how long you have been riding a ATV.

I took one way back in 1990 after I purchased my first ATV in 89, they offered a $50 US Savings Bond for taking it.

While I had been riding for quite a while I did learn a few things but also at that time there were a lot of 2 wheel drive units and for the obstical course they had set up 4x4 was the only way to ride it very easy. I did have a 4x4 by the way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on how long you have been riding a ATV.

I took one way back in 1990 after I purchased my first ATV in 89, they offered a $50 US Savings Bond for taking it.

While I had been riding for quite a while I did learn a few things but also at that time there were a lot of 2 wheel drive units and for the obstical course they had set up 4x4 was the only way to ride it very easy. I did have a 4x4 by the way.

I have been riding atv's since about 97,we have 6 of them up at our cabin that I have to keep maintained. I just got done taking the online portion of the course and am signed up for the 2 hour riding part that will be in June. I probably won't learn much but hoping the "incentive" is worth my time. I think they used one of the local ranches as a location for the videos they had in the online course. Google "Bull Run Ranch" in Cascade Montana. It is owned by the owners of Lowenbro and they operate it as a "offroad motorsports" guest ranch as well as a working ranch and hunting outfitter. My son in law works for them and I was up there hunting this past year..lol My son in law has full access to the ranch for atv/utv/motorcyle use as part of his employment bennies, I am hoping we can go out this summer and hit the trails there. The forman is also my neighbor up at the cabin Lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts