Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the Yamaha heated grips with the toggle switch and wired a heated thumb into the same switch? My only concern is the black switch will bounce out on extreme trail riding and I do like how that switch looks, I am extremely concerned that it might pop out on the trails, especially since the instructions say to drill out a 13/16 hole for it to clip into. Below I put the link to the hated grips and added a link to what the switch looks like.

Heat Demon Round Rocker Switch 300088 | eBay

Product Details (shopyamaha.com)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Hello! I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the Yamaha heated grips with the toggle switch and wired a heated thumb into the same switch? My only concern is the black switch will bounce out on extreme trail riding and I do like how that switch looks, I am extremely concerned that it might pop out on the trails, especially since the instructions say to drill out a 13/16 hole for it to clip into. Below I put the link to the hated grips and added a link to what the switch looks like.

Heat Demon Round Rocker Switch 300088 | eBay

Product Details (shopyamaha.com)

Thanks!
If you are really worried about it, just put a small bead of clear silicone around the switch Ave push it back in the hole. Wipe away any excess. Let it cure. It will make it harder to remove if you ever have to, but it will never pop out.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts