Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450, 2022 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has switched out the oem halogen headlight/handlebar bulbs for another whiter alternative. I was looking into replacing the oem headlights with led replacements but i dont like not having high beams. Any input appreciated

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
65 Posts
I agree with Nomad, there are threads on here that discuss it in length, can it be done? Yes, but not without some mods as there is no “drop in “ solution.? Many forum members just install a light bar, mine was around $50 total.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has switched out the oem halogen headlight/handlebar bulbs for another whiter alternative. I was looking into replacing the oem headlights with led replacements but i dont like not having high beams. Any input appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
As mentioned, there is no actual drop-in replacement bulb on the market worth the time of even looking at it let alone installing it. The closest bulb size that fits are bikes is an H6M. It's a motorcycle bulb. It doesn't fit perfectly, it needs a slight modification to the tabs. And they can still fit loosely depending on the brand. I myself have replaced the two lower headlights with an HID system but I do have a set of custom made LED headlights waiting to install whenever I find a good supply of ambition. My custom LEDs will be low beam only as I have a small LED light bar that I use for high beam if needed. As for the top third headlight, personally I find that totally useless and should never been put on the bike if you use the front rack as it's intended.
So basically to sum this up, your best option is to invest in a nice small light bar for your bike and enjoy the light output from it. That will be the best bang for your buck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts