Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to Fort Dodge, Iowa to Gypsum City OHV park that was highly recommended to me, long story short it was great! I was there almost 6 hours and didn't even get to see half of the park. It had rained there last night so quite muddy but I never had to use the winch (diff lock is awesome) here's a few early in the day pictures before I hit some bigger mud (not on purpose I'm more of a trail guy but because of the rain everything was muddy) Now just getting ready to order some fluids and a filter for my first service on the bike already. If anyone is in the area and wants a nice park to camp at for the weekend and stay this is definitely the nicest in my opinion and I think biggest in Iowa with a nice little campground and ponds to fish, I would suggest this park. I will be back sometime myself to keep exploring! Anyway hope everyone is having a great hump day and take care!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Boy I saw your title to your post and thought that I had someone to go riding with here in Gypsum, Colorado. But your Gypsum is a little too far away for a day trip.

Sounds like fun. The only time that I have had to use a winch on my 4 wheelers is when I sunk them into the mud where all 4 tires were just turning up muck or when we would work our way across snow drifts in the spring time.

One thing on changing your fluids is to pull the skid plates off, start with the front one and work to the rear. It only takes a couple of minutes and makes accessing the drain plugs a lot easier. Plus you won't get all that oil all over the place when you drain them. I also picked up a funnel with a long tube attached to it to refill the fluids. It is a little slow but makes pouring the oils a lot easier.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry! Haha I wish I was in Colorado! I'd love to come do a 3-4 day trip out there but I've never ridden out there before and don't have anyone to go with in case something happens. Anyway if you ever plan a trip and need someone to go with just throw it up here and I could probably take off work.

I can't wait to move out of this state. It's got too much crops and not enough timber, lakes, trails, or ranges haha. Anyway take care everyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts