Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I finally pulled the trigger on a quad last summer after looking around for a few years. After much deliberation, the right one came up for sale and I'm the proud owner of a 2016 Kodiak 700SE EPS. Previous owner had just put brand new kenda bear claws on it and it looks great. I've wired in some additional lighting with a 12 inch light bar, and put the 2 up seat on the back for some gentle couples riding. I use it primarily for farm work, secondarily for hunting. It has performed admirably in both activities. Only two complaints. My 4x4 toggles on and off a lot when it's cold and I'm not moving. Havn't got around to fixing it, it always has engaged when I've needed 4x4. Second is my foot brake is sticky. I've learned to just not use it as you can engage the shifter by squeezing the hand break (best feature ever). Overall I'm extremely happy with the machine. Wish I had more time to play but such is life. Having this already cuts into my salmon fishing time, but it sure is fun. Look forward to learning lots on here.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do yourself a favour and check with dealer as to wether your machine's serial number falls under the tsb Yamaha put out. They replaced the top end on my 16 this past fall. A lot of 16's had oil consumption issues from defective top end components. Good luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I may not have the answer to your 4wd issue, but im sure someone will comment about what may be going on.

SALMON fishing sounds great. I bet its a beautiful place that you are in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
There is a bulletin for the 4 x 4 switch problem have that checked, Yamaha will replace it. I had the problem with the switch assembly too. you have to take it in because they won’t give the switch to you the dealership Has to install the new one. Pull the rear brake pedal off And clean and grease the pivot mount

Reactions: Jssrvlz
1 - 4 of 4 Posts