Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, getting ready to grease my '16 kodiack for the first time..before i head out to the hardware store, is there a certain gun or zirk fittings i should i ask for?? are they all pretty universal? m hoping to by one gun to use for all my machinery (i.e tractor, kids ride, etc)..also,. how many zirks shoud i expect to find on a kodiack?

Super Moderator
If you are doing a lot of machinery then don't get the small 6oz or 8oz type of grease gun, get the larger one. I am not sure of the size of it but it is around 2" in diameter and 12-14" long. You also might want to get a flexible hose for it also.

There are 4 zerts on the rear of the Kodiak. You may want to pick up some 45degree zerts and replace the straight ones that are on it now. It makes it easier to get to them. The thread size is 6x1mm

Super Moderator
also, if you have alot of fittings to grease, get a leaver style gun, pistol grip is nice if you only have to do a few, but you ever have to do heavy equipment or farm machinery with 20+ fittings... a leaver style is the way to go if you can't go cordless or pneumatic.

Registered
I have a pistol grip and a lever action grease gun, and like them both. I have a hose on both and it gets into hard zerks more easily. The zerks are standard now, one tip fits all, other than some are straight and some are angled.

Registered
This has been one of the best things I ever found for my greasing maintenance!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts