Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trading my Kodiak in on Friday, bittersweet. Going to be getting the new r spec eps wolverine. Same motor so I'm gonna know my way around it. Probably going to miss it at first but hey, change is good!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I traded mine in on a side-by-side and I don't regret it for a second. I left Yamaha and went with Can-Am, but only because I got a screaming deal on a Maverick. Some day I'll get back into a Yammy, maybe when the YZX1000 becomes available in the used market, but for now I'm enjoying the luxury of a steering wheel (carpal tunnel syndrome made riding a traditional ATV extremely painful)

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
There are times as I get older I think about a UTV but then I remember where I ride at and forget it, they are just not practicable for where I go 75% of the time. Plus I would need to start dragging a trailer again.

Good luck on your new ride, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are times as I get older I think about a UTV but then I remember where I ride at and forget it, they are just not practicable for where I go 75% of the time. Plus I would need to start dragging a trailer again.

Good luck on your new ride, I am sure that you will enjoy it.
I felt the same way, always thought a SXS would be to big to fit through trails, and would be easy to get stuck. Then I went on a large organized rally and saw what they could do and where they could go. I was sold. And then when I bought the Maverick I immediately took it to all of my usual places to see if it would fit. It did, every single place. I'm talking narrow, wooded trails, through barriers meant to keep Jeeps off the ATV trails, and of course, into my favourite hunting spots. I took it to all of my favourite swamps to see if it would go through them. Once again, passed with flying colours. Just last week I had it to a place I hunted 20 years ago and the road had grown in with alders. It was tight, and trees were definitely scraping on the sides and the roll bars, but it went with no problems. In fact my brother-in-law was riding his ATV ahead of me and got a fat lip from a tree branch (yes, he was wearing a helmet).

I think as these things become more common and people see and experience them more they're going to convert a lot of people

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
A lot of the areas that I ride have a 50" width restriction 127 cm to you north of the border folks. With two steel poles exactly that far apart to either allow you in or keep you out. You also don't want to get caught past those poles with a machine that is too wide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts