Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
One heck of an experience for you guys, very sorry the kids had to be involved and see it unfold.

I am always armed. My weapon of choice in the mountains and away from civilization has been my Springfield 4.5" 10MM. I keep it loaded with 220gr Underwood hard cast for bear and other mean things, two spare mags with 180gr JHP. That amounts to 46 rounds of leave me alone...

My go-to-town social weapons are usually a Glock 19 or my SIG P365...along with my .32 ACP that always rides in my pocket w/spare mag...

My wife likens me to a pissed off Rottweiler when it comes to protection of my family members..

I don't like trouble, but I do not cower from it either...the guy that caused all the ruckus should count his blessings...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I couldn't agree more with you sir. I'm a Glock guy myself have taught self defense classes for 17 plus years and would not hesitate if forced to defend my family. I'm old and wise and even tempered. We are very peaceful bunch but family first.

Reactions: Madmax and Rob-c

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Always carry and have spares.. My Kodiak has a HK45 in the dash “so to speak”, it will soon have a carbine in the scabbard as well.. It’s just the way we live in the south..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE. The person that approached my nephew and started this problem has finally been arrested for this incident. I took the grandson out to the land for youth deer season 2 weeks ago and didn't have any trouble. We had a total of 4 kids out there and took 3 deer. It was a great weekend and no problems since the first one that started all of this. Hoping for a peaceful rifle season in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sincerely hope your family and especially the children never have to experience such ever again. Nor anyone else for that matter. Still makes me tear up when I think about the kids witnessing the twisted. Sounds like you had a great time. Don't give up on the Human race..just be wary. Red.

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
228 Posts
Glad to hear it! :)

UPDATE. The person that approached my nephew and started this problem has finally been arrested for this incident. I took the grandson out to the land for youth deer season 2 weeks ago and didn't have any trouble. We had a total of 4 kids out there and took 3 deer. It was a great weekend and no problems since the first one that started all of this. Hoping for a peaceful rifle season in a couple weeks.

Reactions: john zane
21 - 26 of 26 Posts