Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Isn't it awesome that we have so many different types of tires to chose from for everyone’s riding style. Myself I like to cruise on a trail enjoying the scenery looking around, but when I come to a mud hole my inner 8 year old comes out and I have to play.

Mud is the MOST fun on a 4x4. Im insanely jealous of our Canadian brethren and the sheer amount of skeg they get to play in. Trail riding is nice and all.. but id definitely rather play in the mud.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
622 Posts
Mud is the MOST fun on a 4x4. Im insanely jealous of our Canadian brethren and the sheer amount of skeg they get to play in. Trail riding is nice and all.. but id definitely rather play in the mud.
I'm just the opposite, when I was young it was kinda fun, but i hate cleaning and fixing (and paying) broken stuff. Snow, water, and good hard trails... That's for me, and going to abandoned old mines and structures way out in the bush from years before i was born

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
My K299s have been excellent, never 1 problem, I am very heavy throttle, and notice they are getting just slick enough to drift really well. So I feel they wear a little more quickly.

Try to avoid lots of asphalt, and be easy on the throttle, sometimes lol.

Every time I see thoses Htrs, I think about how they would last a long time.😄
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I'm just the opposite, when I was young it was kinda fun, but i hate cleaning and fixing (and paying) broken stuff. Snow, water, and good hard trails... That's for me, and going to abandoned old mines and structures way out in the bush from years before i was born

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
The abandoned mines and structures out in the bush sound really interesting. We don't have too much of that here unfortunately, probably why I'm such a mud bug lol. Id definitely skip out on a mudhole to go see stuff like that.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
622 Posts
The abandoned mines and structures out in the bush sound really interesting. We don't have too much of that here unfortunately, probably why I'm such a mud bug lol. Id definitely skip out on a mudhole to go see stuff like that.
Oh yeah I'm in the middle of mining country, there are thousands of old abandoned mines from the 1800s and early 1900s, lots of concrete and steel foundations, and dilapidated old machinery and buildings. The province of Ontario has made it a priority for any company that has mining claims that comes across an old mine it must be capped with a concrete structure so nobody can go down it or fall into it. So because of this there now accessible trails to so many of these structures which is awesome for anyone on an ATV

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
 
  • Like
Reactions: fossil

·
Registered
2020 Kodiak 700 EPS SE, Tactical Black, 26-9R12, 26-11R12 Gripper Max
Joined
·
2 Posts
What do you guys suggest for a tire upgrade from stock 700 eps tires? I mainly will be riding hard pack trails and logging roads with a little mud here and there. I'm looking for something under 400 for a set.
If your running trails and hard pack, I would look at a radial tire, like the Traxion Gripper Max or the Interco Reptile. I and a friend both have the Gripper Max, and being through snow, mud and Ice along with trails and rock, and like the ride and traction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I run the SUNF Power.I ones that are on amazon on my 2020 Kodiak 700 SE and my 2001 Kodiak 400. they cost about $260 for a set of 4 and work great. thick 6PR sidewall, plenty of tread and they don't wear very fast.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
185 Posts
My new tires have arrived. Kanati Mongrels 27x9x12,27x11x12. Dot rated radial,10ply.
I wanted these because I ride on the road 90percent of the time, the other 10percent is just riding around the property. I hope they hold up..
20210329_081343.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
926 Posts
My new tires have arrived. Kanati Mongrels 27x9x12,27x11x12. Dot rated radial,10ply.
I wanted these because I ride on the road 90percent of the time, the other 10percent is just riding around the property. I hope they hold up.. View attachment 10527
10 ply?!!! Wow, hope they don't ride too rough for ya
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
185 Posts
I slow down for pot holes. Plus Elkas will be ordered.SOON..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Good looking tire. Being 10 ply I'm sure you could get 4 flats riding and still make it home lol
 

·
Grizzled Mod
Joined
·
255 Posts
I like that tread pattern on those Mongrel tires as I was looking for something with more rock crawling type of tread. I also notice that tire comes in a 26x10x12 version as I would personally consider those for a square setup on my Grizzly. Just not in a position to buy a whole new set right now but I will keep those in mind for the future. Thanks for posting those up!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
185 Posts
I like that tread pattern on those Mongrel tires as I was looking for something with more rock crawling type of tread. I also notice that tire comes in a 26x10x12 version as I would personally consider those for a square setup on my Grizzly. Just not in a position to buy a whole new set right now but I will keep those in mind for the future. Thanks for posting those up!
I would of gotten the 26x10s if I had after market rims. I don't have a lot of rock crawling experience, but I think these would be pretty good for that. The lugs are stiff but give some..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Howdy.
I had asked a similar question and got a lot of great responses from many of the good folk here. You might get some ideas here.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
622 Posts
Howdy.
I had asked a similar question and got a lot of great responses from many of the good folk here. You might get some ideas here.
Did you ever make a decision on what you're you are going with?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
 
  • Like
Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Did you ever make a decision on what you're you are going with?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Thank you for thinking of me.
I have decided on the Bighorn OG. And we use to live at the foot of the Bighorn Mountains in Sheridan,Wy. So that fits. 😉
I haven't bought them yet.
Be well and happy trails!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
622 Posts
Thank you for thinking of me.
I have decided on the Bighorn OG. And we use to live at the foot of the Bighorn Mountains in Sheridan,Wy. So that fits.
I haven't bought them yet.
Be well and happy trails!
Good choice, they should work well for you

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
 
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Top