Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Guys and Gals. Im 47 and have fell in love with the looks of the kodiak 700 esp se. just a few questions. I have owned Honda ranchers and Banshee's in the passed and loved them, all my friends have grizzly's which brings up my 1st question with the " Slow revving" engine does it make a difference in the trial and on hills climes ? I'm 6' 330 and have never had any trouble with the grizzly. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks for any and all answers / opinions in advance Will

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure how it will react for you. I am 220 and have no trouble. Its an easy fix if you dont like it that it is just install grizzly clutch weights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed. Shouldn't be an issue. And you can always change weights and spring if it's not. Any way to test ride one before you buy?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I modified my Kodiak 700, changed internal wet clutch and slugs, changed weights from 30's to 16's, new springs in the CVT, had a friend mill 3mm off sheave, added K&N airfilter, now I run 72 mph by gps on flat road in high gear 2wd. My buddies stock grizzly 700 doesn't stand a chance. Off the line I pull away from him and keep pulling away.

Top speed so far is 69 mph (before adoing K&N 72 mph now). Been alot of work, but we'll worth it. Thanks to all for the advise and the help. Attached is a short clip of my top speed at WOT on a gravel road as I was unable to get back down to the sand barge that I did my first run on. The run begins at 11minutes, so if the first part is to boring for you jump to the speed test, I'm working on editing out the rest.

https://youtu.be/dezPrXxWW3w

1 - 6 of 6 Posts