Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to reduce heat from my exhaust and i’ve herd running a fuel tuner can help with that and potentially lengthen the life of your machine by allowing it to run much cooler over the years, but I’m wondering if these fuel tuners are reliable and which brand is the best.
Does anyone have one on their atv and if so how long have you had it?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I installed an EHS tuner at the 5 hour mark. Still doing the break in. I have also done the EHS Intake, the lid mod and delete AIS. It runs noticeable cooler and more responsive. I am hoping for long life from the tuner. Has a 1 year warranty from EHS and Eric is a great guy so I'm not gonna worry and just enjoy.

Reactions: DiakKoKrazy and Cam

·
Registered
319 Posts
Im trying to reduce heat from my exhaust and i’ve herd running a fuel tuner can help with that and potentially lengthen the life of your machine by allowing it to run much cooler over the years, but I’m wondering if these fuel tuners are reliable and which brand is the best.
Does anyone have one on their atv and if so how long have you had it?

Thanks!!
To be honest you might want to ask this question on the grizzly forums. I know some over there have run the ehs tuner for some time. I just installed 2 one on mine and the wife’s kodiak, honestly I just don’t see it going bad unless one soaks it. I put ours in our storage box Velcro it to the lid.

Reactions: Cam

·
Grizzled Mod
185 Posts
@Nomad If you look at all the Kodiak/Grizzly (2007 - present) fuel injection tuners out there, they are all basically the same hardware with different "stickers" that cover the front. Of course, with the consideration that the hardware gets rev'd for all vendors every so often. So it really comes down to the mapping programmed into the tuner which will be different from every vendor.

I went with EHS as Eric seems very active in the Grizzly community when he is contacted. Yes, his mapping doesn't perfectly cover my altitude, but no vendor seems to or at least not that I've seen.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've put a couple of hundred miles on my EHS since I installed it, no problems. Even if it did create an issue on the trail it would be easy enough to remove.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've put a couple of hundred miles on my EHS since I installed it, no problems. Even if it did create an issue on the trail it would be easy enough to remove.
So I have read what others have said about the EHS, but would love your thoughts on it!

·
Registered
319 Posts
So I have read what others have said about the EHS, but would love your thoughts on it!
I know I’m not max, but we’ve had our tunners on now for 6 months and we’ve put 300 watery , muddy miles on our kodiaks with zero issues from them.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ehs tuner have been proven to be very reliable. Many have run them for many years and tens of thousands of miles and I never recall hearing of any issues

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It appears the machine runs much cooler, and what else does it do?
My 2019 grizzly 686 didn't gain much of anything from the tuner.... I don't feel it's required on a stock machine... I've since modified my tip and like the peice of mind it brings

That said the 2016 to 2018 708 owners report better mid range response and cooler exhaust temperature with the addition of tuners

·
Registered
319 Posts
That said the 2016 to 2018 708 owners report better mid range response and cooler exhaust temperature with the addition of tuners...
^^This^^ is what myself and wife gained in our 16-17 kodiaks..

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
235 Posts
To me the machine just seems to run a lot better than it did before the install, but it has definitely cooled it down which is very noticeable on the left leg. I do believe the outcome was worth the cost paid for the tuner and would do it again. I also plugged the AIS when I installed the tuner.

I tried the 2R exhaust tip again after putting the EHS on seeing how I wouldn't have too lean of a condition, and although the machine runs like a raped ape and sounds better...it's just louder than what I like and I'll probably remove it again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts