Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was filling up my Kodiak today I was wondering just what is the purpose of the plastic insert right at the mouth of the tank?

I looked at the parts diagram and nothing is listed for it. So if you pull it out and chuck it I doubt that you can buy a new one.

From what I can see it does absolutely nothing except make owners wonder just what it's for.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
That's an extension into the tank to give operators a level not to fill it over the bottom of the white insert..
Filling it further won 't leave enough room for expansion and fuel could be forced out the vent tube.
Would make a mess. Could be bad if a flame was nearby.

That's my take on it anyway.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, you are right.

Perhaps I need to take some of my own advise and reread the manual. it is right here in black and white. It is strange that while you can remove it you can not purchase a new one. I wonder if a whole new tank comes with it?

Attachments

Grizzled Mod
I wonder if a whole new tank comes with it?
That would be my guess. And yeah, I did read the manual and saw to not overfill it but I frequently do to within 1" of the top of that white plastic cylinder. I've yet to have an issue myself but don't follow my lead, follow the instructions.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99% of the time when I fill mine up today included it is to the brim, I want every drop of gas that I can get, and I have never had a problem. But most of the time when I am filling it up that full it is in the cooler months of the year.

Reactions: rancherMike
1 - 6 of 6 Posts