Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting a thread about fuel programmers because 1. I didn't see one already created and 2. I'm interested and would like to learn more about them.

What are the positives and negatives to using a fuel programmer?

Do they differ from brand to brand? Are some brands better than others?

Are they more effective at lower or higher elevations? I usually ride at around 8000 to 9000 feet above sea level.

Thank you to anybody who shares their wisdom or experience in this matter.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Actually there has been a fair amount on this subject, but I will be glad to see what I can learn. I have read a lot about them and I am interested, but still hesitant to install one. This will be fun to follow!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was just looking at the Yamaha website and the new 2021 dirt bikes are listed there, what's interesting about this is the new 4 strokes have EFI and can be tuned with a fuel tuner app from your smart phone. Wouldn't this be awsome if the new 2021 Grizzly & Kodiak's come with this feature also? (actually looking at the app I see it's been out for these bikes since 2018. But still would be nice if they added it for the ATV's)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I ordered an EHS tuner for my 2019. A fellow members on the Grizzly forum documented some healthy mid range gains on his 2017. So I figured I'll give her a go.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts