Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone upgrade their front shocks to accommodate a plow on their Kodiak 700?? I've been plowing with a warn 54" straight blade, front mount now for 3 seasons with the Warn 2500 ProVantage winch. Damn thing is a beast for pushing snow!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
4 seasons plowing on mine. I have a 54" front mount Yamaha plow and I never touched the shocks. If you don't have a base model Kodiak, you can adjust the shock stiffness if desired.

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
Not me, 4 seasons of plowing with the 54" pro vantage plow and haven't touched the shocks.

You have to figure that most of the time the plow sits on the ground, not up in the air. Even when I have mine up the front end doesn't drop that much and when I park it the plow rest on the ground, not up in the air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!! I was just wondering if anyone did any upgrades for shocks. To me they seem a little mushy when taking corners even with the plow off during the summer months. The mushiness does come in handy though when going over tusseks out in the tundra. I think I see a grizzly 700 in the near future!! LOL

·
Grizzled Mod
208 Posts
It is not directly the shocks but the shock springs that are holding the weight. I felt the same as you that the front seemed as though it could be slightly stiffer for my riding style and plowing snow on my Grizzly. I went and bought some heavy duty HighLifter springs and swapped out the front OEM springs, it does make a difference for plowing without being overly stiff on the front. I have not been able to get out trail riding it yet to know if I like/dislike the HD springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts