Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Front Grill Assembly

3K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  JimP 
#1 ·
Front mounted a Warn Snow Plow system. (95745).
Easy peasy UNTIL... cannot get my front grill assembly back on. Simply cannot line up the holes to get screws in.
Help and or insults are appreciated.
-Sam

#2 ·
When I mounted mine I had to cut a notch in the mount that sits on the winch mount to reinstall the front bumper

#4 ·
No it was the snow plow mount. I notched it on the right front of it. I just use a grinder to cut a bit of it away and I then repainted it.

When I was installing the bumper I also had a hard time getting the bolts to line up, I then took a look at the mount and saw where it was interfering I pulled it back out and cut the notch using a hand grinder. After that notch was cut everything went together just fine.

It's dark and if you need I can get a picture of it on Sunday. But like I said you can usually tell where it is hitting.

#6 ·
It's funny that some have zero problems getting the mount in with no problems. But then there are us few.

I attributed it to the time frame when I purchase mine back in 2017 and figured that they hadn't gotten the bugs out of it yet.

#7 ·
It's not a very good picture, it is hard to get a angle where you can see it.

I notched it to the right of the winch pulley where you can see a little bit of brown rust.

#9 ·
I have found that a lot of the jobs on these Kodiak's and other ATV's sound very hard and daunting. That is until you decide to dig into it and just do it.

I kept from placing a front diff lock in my old 2000 Kodiak because I didn't really want to do it myself and vendors wanted you to send them the whole front diff for them to put the gear into. Well, I watched the video on 501 Part's web site and figured that I could do it. So I dug in after I had ordered the new gear and electronic button go go with it. The hardest part was just getting everything off of the front end to get to the diff. Installing the gear only took around 5-10 minutes and then it was back to putting it all back together. In all I would say that it took me around 6 hours to do it from start to finish. But if I had to do it again I am sure that I could come close to cutting that time in half.

#10 ·
I’m a brand mew owner and finding just that... the second time I do things goes much quicker .
Hoping the front grill is a similar experience as I still need to adjust and tighten all the bolts.
Here’s hoping for snow here in Maryland next week so we can put this bad boy in 4 lo and her to plowing.

#11 ·
I do a lot of plowing in 4 high. I'll use 4 low if there is at least 6" or if I want to go real slow along or over grassy edges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.