Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm trying to find where I can order the front bumper caps for a 2021 kodiak 700 eps se thank you in advance

Super Moderator
I don't believe that they make any.

A member here did come up with something, but I can't remember just what he did or where he got the parts.

Super Moderator
Hello everybody I'm trying to find where I can order the front bumper caps for a 2021 kodiak 700 eps se thank you in advance
There are no actual cap available. Plenty of diy options out there. There's no actual need for caps anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Registered
Yep a few have found diy caps, do a search as I can鈥檛 remember either. I thought about doing mine and the wife鈥檚 , but after muddying them I found when I stick the power washer nozzle in the bumper tube I really don鈥檛 get that much crud out of them.

Super Moderator
You will also notice that there is a drain on them

Registered
The Grizzly has a different front bumper and the plastic wraps around the ends but the metal tubing is different too so you'd probably have to replace the whole bumper assembly. Not worth it just to cap the ends but it looks like it's possible.

Super Moderator
If you really want some here are a couple off of Amazon. I measure the end of the bumper at 1.75".

There are other caps out there along with plug type caps. Just do a search for "rubber caps" and you will come up with quite a few. If you do go with ones that are 1.75" and it feel loos a little bit of silicone on it will hold it in place.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you really want some here are a couple off of Amazon. I measure the end of the bumper at 1.75".

There are other caps out there along with plug type caps. Just do a search for "rubber caps" and you will come up with quite a few. If you do go with ones that are 1.75" and it feel loos a little bit of silicone on it will hold it in place.
Ok cool thank you and I realised they have drains in them I do just went them cause it will mostly be used for mudding so once I get a bunch packed it there it ain't gunna be .doing much draining

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
I bought these from Granger. I know you don't need 25 caps but for $3.60 how can you go wrong?
I used a bit of silicone to help keep them sealed, Fit snuggly. Check the hole ID before you order. I think there's some variation.

Super Moderator
I bought these from Granger. I know you don't need 25 caps but for $3.60 how can you go wrong?
I used a bit of silicone to help keep them sealed, Fit snuggly. Check the hole ID before you order. I think there's some variation.

View attachment 10513
So you actually have 23 of these left? Why not sell a set to a few guys here?

I'm sure most guys would give you a couple bux plus shipping. You make extra cash abs it's a source for the guys haveing a hard time finding caps that work.

Registered
I'll take two..

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
So you actually have 23 of these left? Why not sell a set to a few guys here?

I'm sure most guys would give you a couple bux plus shipping. You make extra cash abs it's a source for the guys haveing a hard time finding caps that work.

I would but the unfortunate thing is now the cost of shipping. Parcel post from Canada into the US and within Canada has more than tripled over the past two years.
People in the US and Canada would be further ahead buying their own.

The cost for me to send two caps in a 3" X 3" X 2" box at 0.4 lb is just over $15 within Canada. That doesn't include packaging. $10+ to the US plus packaging

If you can come up with a cheaper way to distribute, I can send them to you to distribute (if I can find them).

Super Moderator
I would but the unfortunate thing is now the cost of shipping. Parcel post from Canada into the US and within Canada has more than tripled over the past two years.
People in the US and Canada would be further ahead buying their own.

The cost for me to send two caps in a 3" X 3" X 2" box at 0.4 lb is just over $15 within Canada. That doesn't include packaging. $10+ to the US plus packaging

If you can come up with a cheaper way to distribute, I can send them to you to distribute (if I can find them).
Cascades post has the flate rate boxes for in canada, or even bubble mailers. As for going to states, I'm not sure, they like to rape us both directions on that one.
I looked up the caps on grainger Canada last night, can't find 1 1/4 but every size around it. Cheapest i could get a package of 25 of the 1 3/16 with shipping to Sudbury was 19.55.

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Cascades post has the flate rate boxes for in canada, or even bubble mailers. As for going to states, I'm not sure, they like to rape us both directions on that one.
I looked up the caps on grainger Canada last night, can't find 1 1/4 but every size around it. Cheapest i could get a package of 25 of the 1 3/16 with shipping to Sudbury was 19.55.

Follow this link to Grainger in Sudbury. Look in the availability box and select pickup.

They will call you when it comes into the Sudbury store and you can pick it up.

Super Moderator
Follow this link to Grainger in Sudbury. Look in the availability box and select pickup.

They will call you when it comes into the Sudbury store and you can pick it up.

Oh nice! Thank you.

Reactions: fossil

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
1 - 18 of 18 Posts