Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't call this much snow...BUT IT WAS FUN! This pic was up at the top of Holston mountain on Sat.

Attachments

Reactions: Deckartist

·
Registered
699 Posts
Can't call this much snow...BUT IT WAS FUN! This pic was up at the top of Holston mountain on Sat.
Congrats! Happy you had fun!

Though up north we don't really consider that snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA, I've seen your pics, mine must look like the salt before the snow in your neck of the woods! :)

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
699 Posts
HA, I've seen your pics, mine must look like the salt before the snow in your neck of the woods! :)
Lol kinda

Btw in no way did I mean to down play your snow adventure. Though I do hope your get to experience more of them and hopefully in some deeper stuff next time.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats! Happy you had fun!

Though up north we don't really consider that snow.
LOL, we wouldn't either here in Michigan, we would call it a light dusting. But we definitely don't get the snow you get either Vincent, what is your annual avg. snow fall? Our avg. is around 180 inches but the way this winter is going so far we will probably be way short of that.

·
Registered
699 Posts
LOL, we wouldn't either here in Michigan, we would call it a light dusting. But we definitely don't get the snow you get either Vincent, what is your annual avg. snow fall? Our avg. is around 180 inches but the way this winter is going so far we will probably be way short of that.
We usually get 3+ feet on snow that stays on the ground every year.

Last year we had over 4 feet !!! Here's my favourite sledding photo of it

Attachments

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice....all though we get a lot of snow most of which is lake affect from Lake Michigan we usually dont have more than a foot on the ground at time because we tend to get some melting between the dumping's. But once in awhile we get a winter that looks like those pictures. As the saying goes, better you than me LOL!

·
Registered
530 Posts
WOOOOPs, geez I just re-read my post and realized I miss-typed and had an extra digit in that annual snow fall avg. so I was a 100 inches to high on that annual avg.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
Vincent is only a couple hours away from me, here in Sudbury Ontario , we average 150 to 170 inches of snow annually. usually 3 to 4 feet deep on the ground, currently after rain and above freezing temp for a week, we have about 2-3 ft of heavy dense stuff on the ground. cant really drive through or on it with a quad. need some cold to tighten it up.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
530 Posts
Vincent is only a couple hours away from me, here in Sudbury Ontario , we average 150 to 170 inches of snow annually. usually 3 to 4 feet deep on the ground, currently after rain and above freezing temp for a week, we have about 2-3 ft of heavy dense stuff on the ground. cant really drive through or on it with a quad. need some cold to tighten it up.
I've been through Sudbury, nice area. Use to go fishing every spring north of there on Lake Wakami and Missinaibi. Beautiful Lakes and Country. Also did a fly-in trip that flew out of Sudbury, I can not remember the name of the lake we flew to, my brother probably remembers.

·
Registered
699 Posts
It is! Both my brother's and many friends at one time lived in Sudbury, so I spent alot of time in that town. Great memories!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
No snow wheeling this winter in Northern MN, The snow is rack deep in most areas. That's what my Viper XTX is for.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Short one hour ride before work this afternoon in my backyard winter wonderland.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Vincent, holy shamolee stunning photos!😀

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here in Lower Alabama we don't have snow.... we substitute with mud.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Usually in Colorado , if you're not deep in the mountains the snow will melt fast and most of the winter is pretty dry but this year we've been getting storms every week and the snow is piling up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts