Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure its been asked before and discussed but just curious at what hour you should do the first oil change, and does anyone know what a dealership does at first change, do they just change engine oil or do they check valves etc. etc. any info would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sure its been asked before and discussed but just curious at what hour you should do the first oil change, and does anyone know what a dealership does at first change, do they just change engine oil or do they check valves etc. etc. any info would be appreciated thanks

First service is 20 hours I believe is what the manual states, take a look, also diff oil and what not, u really gotta look, it's spelled out but def engine and diff oil. A dealer told me the valves were overkill at 20 hours.

·
Registered
85 Posts
should be 20 hours are 200 miles whichever comes first. I would have the fluids changed in the front and rear also. Having the valves checked will probably cost you dearly and would probably be a waste of time.

·
Registered
85 Posts

First service is 20 hours I believe is what the manual states, take a look, also diff oil and what not, u really gotta look, it's spelled out but def engine and diff oil. A dealer told me the valves were overkill at 20 hours.
you beat me to it!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
20 hours first oil change. For those who are thinking of buying a new utility kodiak 700 get them to put an hour meter on it before you take it home. Trying to keep track of the hours is impossible, why guess you need it anyway. Even if you cant get them to install it free you need one I think I paid about 100 why screw around with your wiring on the first day by yourself. I use Yamaha Synthetics. I am changing mine every 50 hours which actually works out about every six months. I am always towing something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts