Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a camping trip on wednesday night, headed back to knoxville(1 hour away) around 6 am. Thursday morning. Just to wake up about 11 am to snow on the ground. So after contacting my boss and finding out that the job for friday had moved...

...i loaded back up and drove north to Caryville mountain. Not too much snow in the valley of Caryville. But as im headed up the mountain on the atv, the snow got thicker and thicker. Till it was absolutely covering everything with a few inches or more.

So I had a blast by myself out there. Most trails hadnt been hit at all. So it was very mesmerizing the see the beauty.

I ended up riding 3 days in a row. Fun and exhausting aswell

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice! We got a dusting at best...

·
Registered
377 Posts
snow sucks. I'm preparing for 12+ feet of it over the next 4 months lol, hurry up spring!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well. If climate change is as big a deal as they say....your winter wonderland will one day be a nice 80 and sunshine haha

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
377 Posts
Id be happy with 68° all year round haha

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like a fun ride

·
Registered
377 Posts
We had about 1/8" stick to the ground the day before Thanksgiving in southern maine.

Then on Thanksgiving we got about an inch of rain. If it were just a few degrees cooler that would of been a foot of snow lol.. PHEW!

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
453 Posts
Id be happy with 68° all year round haha
You do know with that demand typically comes a pretty high price tag unless you are willing to live outside the US or choose to live in somewhere like Floriduh. :p

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snow in East Tennessee now! Slow big flake snow most of the afternoon. The view out my shop window is wonderful...
Im seeing it too! If I werent working tomorrow. I would be off to the mountains.o_O

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
We just got dump with a full foot of snow in the last 24 hrs. More on the way tomorrow

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
377 Posts
The worst part about snow (nowadays) where I live in maine is well get a whole bunch at once, well have it for a week, then it'll rain an inch and be 40 degrees for 3 days and ruin any sort of base for snowmobiling.

Back in the day there was great snowmobiling all winter long, now... you really need to drive 3-4 hours north to have any sort of good conditions.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More snow in the mountains of Tennessee! What a fun time sliding all over the place up and down mountains

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.