Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally picked up the new trailer today. It is a small single axle without brakes - just right to transport the Kodiak. It even got some reinforcements for the floor so point loads should not be an issue. Still need to find suitable jacks for the rear end to ease loading/unloading.

And of course I could not resist: Took the Kodiak for the first ride in my nature lot :cool:

cheers,
Reinhold

·
Registered
736 Posts
Finally picked up the new trailer today. It is a small single axle without brakes - just right to transport the Kodiak. It even got some reinforcements for the floor so point loads should not be an issue. Still need to find suitable jacks for the rear end to ease loading/unloading.

View attachment 10121

View attachment 10122

View attachment 10124

And of course I could not resist: Took the Kodiak for the first ride in my nature lot :cool:

View attachment 10125

View attachment 10126

View attachment 10127

cheers,
Reinhold
Very nice set up indeed!

·
Super Moderator
1,308 Posts
For your loading and unloading, if you have access to a welder you can always use a drop down type of stand on both rear corners. Or if you are looking at ideas look at automotive jack stands and then adapt a idea from them for the jacks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Even easier... ramps. I use 8' ramps to load my machine in the back of my Ford ranger. Ones for that trailer would only need to be like 4' long.

Snag a set of these and a piece of 2x8x8 pt lumber to cut in half and bam.. ramps for under 40$

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,

thanks for your comments!

This ramp kit looks good, I was not aware that this exists. Would have been the best choice and I could myself decide on the length. But got already a pair of foldable aluminum ramps. They easily fit under the ATV on the trailer.

Just started looking around for the jacks. These ones seem suitable. They are around USD 140 and I only need to have them with me when needed. Of course the square flange would be permanently bolted onto the trailer.

Cheers, Reinhold

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check amazon for trailer stabilizer jacks. Should be able to get 1 a lot cheaper than that. If you want it really stable, get a pair. Check your height and make sure they are sized about right.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Love the wood box ..I use the old plastic milk crate attached with heavy zip ties. Moose mesh rack on the back . Prefer the open box approach also. Like your land even more!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts