Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted some fender bags for the Beast that would hold up to the rigors I put my machine through.

After my experience with the rear cargo bags I bought last year, I did not want to deal with zippers.

I went with the American Trails fender bag and have been happy with it so far. I am thinking about getting a set for the other side as well, except that it will cover the ignition key and 12v port. It secures with two straps on top that I secured to the front rack and two on the bottom that I secured to the footwell.

The bag is currently carrying my handgun and ammo in the top compartment and CO2 inflator, CO2 canisters, and tire plug kit in the lower compartment.

After a nice muddy ride, no water got inside during the hose off. It also gave me a place to relocate my Becker BK9 to, leaving the front rack free to fill up with something else. : )B

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I like them!

I haven't had any problems with my feet bumping into them. The bottom of the bag sits 5-6 inches above the footwell. The mounting straps are pretty long, so they could be adjusted higher if needed. I could see that being a possible issue on the other side with the foot brake and all, but not on the side they are mounted.

I did hit the water bottle holder with my leg when climbing steep hills and it was mounted in the middle of the bag, but after moving it to the outside, that issue has been resolved.

I really like the fold over and buckle design.

50 bucks seemed a little steep, but I think they are going to be worth it in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts