Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow,I took the Kodiak down the driveway and gave it a little throttle and the thing justs takes off.My other 4 wheeler is a honda rancher, there is NO comparison.The Honda is slow,real slow, its never let me down and ive had it since '04. I would have never thought the difference would be that great.Being I have only about 5 miles on it and just breaking it in, I only give it a quarter throttle but WOW what a difference..

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
562 Posts
Agreed, fast enough for me. There’s faster out there but I don’t need it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I agree overall our 708 or 686 Mills @ 48 hp are fun as hell

·
Registered
375 Posts
Even the 450 with only 26hp is quick enough, even with myself and the fiance on board.

One of those 100 horse canned hams sure would be fun though :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Even the 450 with only 26hp is quick enough, even with myself and the fiance on board.

One of those 100 horse canned hams sure would be fun though :)
Great fun until you have to have it towed to your truck with a blown diff. Love the power and sound of the can am's but I am a Yamaha reliability guy through and through.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Great fun until you have to have it towed to your truck with a blown diff. Love the power and sound of the can am's but I am a Yamaha reliability guy through and through.
^^^ this 100% ^^^

·
Registered
429 Posts
More speed for me only if we are competing for PODDIUM... absolutely demand reliability. Soon hate a machine that breaks down..regardless of brand.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If I had can am money that's something I could probably deal with, but having can am money (to me) would be having the means to buy two.. Cause ones always gonna be broke lol.

Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

·
Registered
375 Posts
If I had can am money that's something I could probably deal with, but having can am money (to me) would be having the means to buy two.. Cause ones always gonna be broke lol.
More speed for me only if we are competing for PODDIUM... absolutely demand reliability. Soon hate a machine that breaks down..regardless of brand.
I crave power like a junkie, at least in my toys..

My daily driver pickup has 140hp, my toy 83 caprice wagon is about to have 1000.. For less than I spent on the wheeler too. Great value lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a can am in my garage right now of course it is waiting on bushing replacements and next to be sold ( and it will sell fast ) but i have to say it ran for six years with no problems till just last year when a wheel broke in half... thats when i went back to Yamaha ..... for the RELIABILITY ;):D

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a can am in my garage right now of course it is waiting on bushing replacements and next to be sold ( and it will sell fast ) but i have to say it ran for six years with no problems till just last year when a wheel broke in half... thats when i went back to Yamaha ..... for the RELIABILITY ;):D
Ok you can’t give a story like that and not tell us how you broke a wheel in half . Oh and photos if you’ve got them.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Did you go Airborne.. beer in the left hand / firm thumb on the lever? Embellish if you have to but Rob-c is patiently waiting. Red

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Funny, had a similar conversation today with my son about how fast the Kodiak really is. We have a '88 Honda Fourtrax 300 & a '95ish Rancher 350 along with the Kodiak and neither can come close to the speed the Kodiak has off the line or top end. It's almost laughable.

I've had a couple of Honda Rincons in the past as well which were actually pretty fast trail machines, but even those I don't expect could keep up with the Kodiak though they both had around the same top speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Red and Rob sorry i didn't get to this web site over the weekend... But the Can -Am wheel was not a even a crash.. sorrry no big story. but it was funny... The wheel split right in the middle of the rim, along a seam, the factory wheels were a two piece wheel with a stamped rim welded to the cast center. split all the way around just from rocks on the trail...
Now it was towed back on a trailer pulled by a Kodiak :);)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Red and Rob sorry i didn't get to this web site over the weekend... But the Can -Am wheel was not a even a crash.. sorrry no big story. but it was funny... The wheel split right in the middle of the rim, along a seam, the factory wheels were a two piece wheel with a stamped rim welded to the cast center. split all the way around just from rocks on the trail...
Now it was towed back on a trailer pulled by a Kodiak :);)
The last sentence made up for the so so story ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts