Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I have made my own opened up exhaust tip. see pictures . With the spark arrestor end cap off the muffler I cut the spark arrestor off from the cap and removed the 1/2 inch pipe from inside there. the I cut the 1/2 inch turn down off the end cap. Next I drilled a few holes in the end cap spark arrestor baffle plate. Then with a 2 inch stainless steel turn down I had a welder reattach the spark arrestor to the end cap (inside) in its original position and welded the 2 inch turn down on the end. IMG_0168.jpg IMG_0171.jpg IMG_0177.jpg IMG_0179.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello All
I have made my own opened up exhaust tip. see pictures . With the spark arrestor end cap off the muffler I cut the spark arrestor off from the cap and removed the 1/2 inch pipe from inside there. the I cut the 1/2 inch turn down off the end cap. Next I drilled a few holes in the end cap spark arrestor baffle plate. Then with a 2 inch stainless steel turn down I had a welder reattach the spark arrestor to the end cap (inside) in its original position and welded the 2 inch turn down on the end. View attachment 9523 View attachment 9524 View attachment 9525 View attachment 9526
That looks very nice. Is it loud?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm digging it man. I bet its got a lower tone when idling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was worried it would be too loud but was very pleased with it in place ands idling in my garage... then last weekend with my helmet on I loved the sound!!!.
Also after riding 25 miles with 2 Grizzlys, I was complement by one and we will start to modify his tip..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All
I have made my own opened up exhaust tip. see pictures . With the spark arrestor end cap off the muffler I cut the spark arrestor off from the cap and removed the 1/2 inch pipe from inside there. the I cut the 1/2 inch turn down off the end cap. Next I drilled a few holes in the end cap spark arrestor baffle plate. Then with a 2 inch stainless steel turn down I had a welder reattach the spark arrestor to the end cap (inside) in its original position and welded the 2 inch turn down on the end. View attachment 9523 View attachment 9524 View attachment 9525 View attachment 9526
That looks very nice. Is it loud?
did you have to have wheeler tuned or anything for the tip?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All
Any tuning needed for this mod?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any tuning needed for this mod?
I do have a EJK or blinky box on my Kodiak. I had that part on my 2019 with a Trail Tamer muffler...
I did my tip mod to improve sound and assumed more overall exhaust flow, but this has not seen a Dyno or and Oxygen sensor to ensure correct mixtures. I assume a tuner is best with this mod as these Kodiaks seem a little lean from the factory.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
It will give you some crude indications of mixture. Performance characteristics, sound,, smell and soot in the pipe.. JMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts