Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Brand new here, searched the forum and didn't find the topic I'm looking for. So, here it is:

I've got a 2019 EPS SE with the dealer installed pro vantage 2500 winch (ABA-F740C-V0-00) - which (apparently) does not come with a winch remote option that allows you to stand in front of the machine and guide the winch cable while controlling the winch.

I've done basic internet searches to see what's out there and I find a lot of Chinese wireless remotes that get so-so reviews and that may have so-so long term reliability. I think I'd prefer to set up a lead from the reversing solenoid to a wired remote connector at the front of the machine (for better longevity / reliability).

Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend product(s) and connector / receptacle locations?

Looks like the reversing solenoid is going to be a PITA to get to...buried inside the front frame behind the winch and below the battery, etc.

How did you select / build y-splitters on the reversing solenoid that allow the handle bar controls or the remote control to be used without having to change solenoid connections in the field?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nowon

Super Moderator
I am sure that there are wireless controllers out there that might work.

I also don't think that you would have to access the relays but just the wiring from the handle bar switch to wire it in. I would have to see their wiring instruction to be sure.

Super Moderator
the wire harness that came with my warn vantage 3000 has pigtails on it already to connect a remote

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure that there are wireless controllers out there that might work.

I also don't think that you would have to access the relays but just the wiring from the handle bar switch to wire it in. I would have to see their wiring instruction to be sure.
Thanks Jim,

I'm looking for a wired remote. There is no receptacle on my handlebar toggle switch (like I see in some web pics) and the winch does not have any electrical connections other than a positive and a negative. The handle bar toggle switch controller is wired to the reversing solenoid (which is located behind the winch and under the battery).

I may call warn to see what they suggest if no one has done this before.

Nowon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wire harness that came with my warn vantage 3000 has pigtails on it already to connect a remote

Thanks Canadian,

Mine does not. I am wondering if I can just get a different handlebar toggle switch (with the receptacle on it) - and then just use a wired remote from there.

Nowon

Premium Member
I had a older gen Warn on my Rincon that had both a handle bar mounted switch and a remote plug for the wired hand held controller. My '20 EPS SE has that same Pro Vantage 2500 and I'd love to have a Warn Wireless controller. I've seen some out there but none that specifically say they are compatible with the Yamaha PV 2500 winch. And the kits I have seen are expensive, $130+, looks like the plug into the OE harness somehow.

Grizzled Mod
FYI, I have this Warn wired remote and had no idea it was only spec'd for my older Warn RT25. I am using it on my Warn ProVantage 2500 winch and it works fine.
ATV Remote Control Upgrade Kit - 64259

BTW, I was paranoid that a wireless remote would get used so infrequently, that by the time I went to use it, the batteries would be dead. I've actually heard where that does happen to people... so, wired is what I went with. But, if you are still intent on going with a wireless, Warn's page says it is for the ProVantage 2500 - Wireless Remote for ATV & UTV Winches - 90288

1 - 8 of 8 Posts