Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2016 Kodiak 700 EPS, I was riding last weekend and the went through some pretty nasty mud, as I was working my way through it the machine stalled out. I was able to start it back up but now it’s idling really rough and when you try to increase throttle it only gets worse; without throttle it stalls out. I replaced the tps and that didn’t fix the issue, any ideas? I do have a HMF Performance exhaust with optimizer.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Depending on the amount of mud and how wet it was, I might assume that you got mud and water in all the electrical connections under the front cover by the battery. If it was very wet, then you might have water in any of the electrical connections on the steering bars. You might simply have a fuel issue, bad fuel or a bad plug. I assume you have looked into your air cleaner etc.

The 16 did have a few bugs, but they did not usually continue, it would quit and then restart and run fine. I can't comment on your optimizer, I have no idea on that , but it certainly could be an issue. Sorry for not being much help.

·
Registered
530 Posts
THis guy was a one time poster a year ago, you may never get a response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts