Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2019 kodiak 700 base. Ive installed a epi mudder clutch kit and epi severe duty belt on it. I also just installed a full hmf performance series exhaust, hmf fuel optimizer and a k&n air filter. Acts as it the fuel map isnt quite right and the check engine light just came on. Any ideas of y its came on and where i need to set the fuel optimizer for optimal running with my mods? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,111 Posts
You are going to have to retrieve the code to even start trying to figure it out. I have a list of the codes so if you can get the code I can see if I can see what it is. If the engine light flashes when it first comes on you need to count the flashes, long ones and short ones I believe to come up with the code. There is another member on here that may be able to help a little bit more on getting the codes.

But the first thing that I would do is to pull the fuel optimizer off and see what happens. Usually with a vehicle that has a check engine light on and you have done some work to it recently you should work backwards with with what you have done to see if you can find the problem

As to where to set the fuel optimizer for your mods, I would call the manufacture of the optimizer and get their recommendation.

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
595 Posts
Those Epi murder clutch are over priced and aren't as effective as making your own kit. Shims, weights and a spring can all be baught separately for 100$ total cost.

Also do not use the wet clutch stall springs as they are known for drastically shortening wet clutch life spans.

Suggest you call the manufacturer for more information on your fuel optimizer

·
Registered
182 Posts
First thing I would do is call HMF and talk to them about you mods and ask them where your fuel tuner should be set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts