Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just picked up my first Yamaha (previous Honda guy). 20’ Kodiak 700 EPS. Boy is it a difference! Haha. First fuel injected bike as well. Not new to tuning but new to atv tuning. It’s completely stock but I eventually will do intake mods and maybe exhaust. My question is would y’all go ahead and put the tuner on a brand new stock bike (only 1hr so far) to help with the factory lean settings or wait till after break in? Also, would y’all do the AIS delete right away? Thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I personally would wait until after break in and after the warranty period.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed mine around 5 hour mark. Also did intake and tip and lid and the AIS delete. It runs cooler and seems more throttle responsive. I am still doing the break-in but no worries on my end. Mainly pulled pasture mower and trailer around this weekend but it was 105 heat index in OK and machine didn't get hot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put in my EHS tuner and AIS block off in at about 18 hours. It was a noticeable difference in exhaust temps. My backfiring is almost completely gone and also the machine starts in first attempt 95% of the time now. No more starting twice in a cold engine.

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
613 Posts
Though I mite eventually install a tuner on my 2019, I don’t find the newer 686s runs any hotter nor backfires any more them my old 09.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts